Lights, camera, LEADS!
Don’t you just love when your creativity can be connected to business wins?
Well, you’ll need to feel that way in this role.
We’re looking for an ambitious Senior Creative Producer to join Pleo’s Brand & Marketing team. You’ll play a vital role, leading a team that straddles brand and performance divisions to conceptualise, deliver and iterate upon tactical online campaigns that help spread the word about our funky little spending solution, and convert those eyeballs into customers.
‘Cos, let’s face it. Expense management ain’t all that sexy. Or cool. Or cute. There are no dogs here, except when there are. It’s your job to make sure Pleo is a brand worth knowing, for finance directors, company founders, and employees that are sick of having to pay for work-related stuff with their own money (seriously. In 2021. It still happens).
This role is pretty hands-on. You will focus on production, making sure that you deliver new, multilingual online ad campaigns on time, on budget and on-brand. Yep, the holy trinity. You’ll get there with a nice mix of data, gut instinct and industry know-how.
And you won’t get there alone. You’ll be managing a small but committed creative production team, so it’s important that you’re an empathetic leader. Sometimes in the spotlight, but more often on the sidelines playing coach, cheering on your crew and setting them up for continued success and personal development. We’re doing great work already within this team, but it will be your mission to push everyone forward to new great heights.
Above all, you’ll need a thick skin. You might spend a week lovingly crafting a single Facebook ad campaign, only to have the performance marketing team and data prove it’s an absolute stinker.
But that’s ok. Some brand types say you need to kill your darlings. In this role, there are no prisoners. That pursuit for landing a campaign that proves them gladfully wrong will only make you stronger. You’ll also extend that constructive, positivistic approach to your team, giving useful feedback and guiding them through creative funks and back into success.
Things you will be doing
- Setting the direction and pace of the Creative Production team.
- Working with and developing campaign briefs – both your own, and others – for a variety of social channels, sites and ad platforms.
- Motion designing, editing, filming, and, hey, maybe even a bit of acting. You need to be game for it all in the pursuit of great work that converts.
- Taking those campaigns and, with the support of linguists, making sure they are prepped for multilingual efforts.
- Working closely with the Performance Marketing team – analysts and, notably, the Creative Ops Specialist – to ensure that you and your team have the data required to make shared successes. That also might mean challenging preconceived notions around former wins to unlock unprecedented growth opportunities.
- Iterating. A/B testing your work and squeezing every last drop out of a campaign before you scrap it.
- Sparring with Pleo’s Art Director, Director of Brand & Comms and other team leads to make sure our shared team meets their full potential – and working with a bit of structure and cross-team consistency, please (we’re looking at you, file naming conventions!).
- Researching. A lot of it. From competitors and businesses of note, to influencers and unintentional viral smashes. We don’t think good work exists in a vacuum – there’s lots of inspiration to be had out there
Who you are
- An enthusiastic motion designer and creative producer with a few years under your belt from a high-performing in-house team or leading creative agency.
- Either a disciplined project or team manager, able to draw out the best in your colleagues.
- You have a passion for social media and online marketing, knowing what excites, engages and convinces an audience to give a product a shot.
- Based in (or happy to relocate to) Copenhagen.
- It’s a bonus if you’re multilingual and have experience working in translating design assets.
- You’ve got knowledge of a pretty sa-weet design stack. We use Figma, Adobe CC and DaVinci Resolve.
Your colleagues say that you
- Are a concise but effective communicator.
- Have a strong work ethic.
- Are surprisingly humble for someone so gifted.
- Exceed expectations with your hands-on creative approach.
- Can explain complex problems and projects in simple ways.
- Don’t leave them hanging when they Slack you for an update on a project.
- Know when it’s time to brainstorm wacky ideas… and when it’s time to get cracking.
Show me the benefits!
- Get your own Pleo card, which means full autonomy and no out-of-pocket spending
- Flexible work – and we really meant that. Work from where you want, when you want, for whatever reason you want. We trust you
- Continual learning and development opportunities
- Once a quarter – in any normal year – our entire company gets together at a team camp. We’d love to see you in Costa Brava this September!
- Great parental leave: 100% paid, 24 weeks for mums & 8 weeks for dads
- 25 days of annual holidays, on top of the standardised festive and bank-related ones, of course
- Catered lunch whenever you're working from the office
- Loads of weird and wonderful niche communities to join in the company
- Wild enthusiasm and encouragement from us if you want to host MeetUps, events, etc - we'll help (venue, food etc)
Working at Pleo means you're working on something very exciting: the future of work. Through fintech we've seen a way to impact how people work; we think company spending should be delegated to all employees and teams, that it should be as automated as possible, and that it should drive a culture of responsible spending. Based on some pretty amazing Series C-round investment in 2021 we think we're onto something big.
So, in a nutshell, that's Pleo. Today we are a 320+ team, from over 46 nations, sitting in our Copenhagen HQ, London, Stockholm, Berlin, Madrid, or Montreal offices – and quite a few full-time remotes in 16 other countries! Being HQ'd out of Copenhagen means we're inspired by sensible things like a good work-life balance. If you don't work in the office with us we'll help you get up the best remote setup possible, and will fly you in once a quarter for team camps.
Things to look up about us
Sometimes, we win awards 🤩 🏆
If you want to know how we hire company-wide, there's a post on our blog.
Or have a sneak peek into what happens when get together for Pleo Team Camp on our YouTube 👈🏾
Check out what we think about the realities of working remotely on our blog.
No one says it quite like our customers. Hear what they have to say this week on Trustpilot.
Also, check out Glassdoor if you'd like to hear about us from other people.
PS. we treat all candidates equally: If you are interested please apply through our application system - any correspondence should come from there! Our lovely support isn't able to pass on any calls/ emails our way - and this makes sure that the candidate experience is smooth and fair to everyone 🙂