We are looking for our very first SEO hire to join the Pleo mothership!
Ok, we admit it: our website needs some work. Everything is there, but we need someone to sharpen the tone and help us optimise the whole site experience. We also need to scale our outbound and link-building opportunities to make sure as many businesses as possible know the Pleo name.
This is a great opportunity to take your SEO skills to the next level. You've probably been supporting a bigger team, and now here's your chance to take the lead. Applying your hard-earned SEO knowledge to one of Europe's fastest-growing (and fun!) scale-ups, helping us transform the world of work and business spending.
Joining our highly collaborative team of doers and thinkers in the brand studio and marketing team. This is a great opportunity to put your teamwork skills to the test.
Things you will be doing:
- Guide search engine strategy, including research, optimization tactics, technical SEO, and marketing analytics
- Identify areas of improvement in the website structure, internal linking, and content to increase the visibility of the company website
- Work with multilingual sites, including no-indexing pages, implementing hreflang & canonical tags to ensure no cannibalisation
- Direct and coordinate off-page search engine optimization tasks like link-building, forum commenting, etc.
- Working closely with the growth marketing, content team, country managers and an external agency to develop a content strategy according to search opportunity, keyword analysis and various intent
- Working closely with frontend developers on all things technical SEO
- Routinely conduct marketing and competitor analysis
The hard skills needed:
- Relevant experience driving results-oriented content marketing and/or SEO, preferably in a B2B startup
- Demonstrable project management experience, especially with building out content-first websites.
- Adroit knowledge of Google Analytics, and a full host of SEO tools (incl. Moz, Ahrefs & Screaming Frog)
- Strong project management skills and ideally experience working with and managing an agency supporting SEO efforts
- Strong copywriting capabilities are a bonus
Your colleagues say you
- are easy to work with.
- are disciplined with projects.
- never settle – and are always up to date with new SEO methodologies.
- are frantic on the keyboard.
- think laterally.
- are curious about new B2B initiatives.
- are a person they would also enjoy having a coffee with (virtual or not).
Your mum says that you
- gamify your life – optimizing time and projects like crazy so that you can take on new challenges.
- get your hands dirty (and she has the photos to prove it).
- probably work in IT ... doing something with Google (mums!).
Show me the benefits!
- Get your own Pleo card for no out of pocket spending, and full autonomy.
- Flexible work: working from home when you want, where you want, why you want to (we trust you).
- Continual learning & development opportunities.
- Team camps around the world - remotes flown in (around once a quarter) for team building and learning - the last one was in Berlin. Just saying!
- An amazing office space in either London or Copenhagen – filled with amazing colleagues.
- Paid lunch.
Working at Pleo means you're working on something very exciting: the future of work. Through fintech we've seen a way to impact how people work; we think company spending should be delegated to all employees and teams, that it should be as automated as possible, and that it should drive a culture of responsible spending. Based on some pretty amazing Series C-round investment in 2021 we think we're onto something big.
So, in a nutshell, that's Pleo. Today we are a 320+ team, from over 46 nations, sitting in our Copenhagen HQ, London, Stockholm, Berlin, Madrid, or Montreal offices – and quite a few full-time remotes in 16 other countries! Being HQ'd out of Copenhagen means we're inspired by sensible things like a good work-life balance. If you don't work in the office with us we'll help you get up the best remote setup possible, and will fly you in once a quarter for team camps.
Things to look up about us
Sometimes, we win awards 🤩 🏆
If you want to know how we hire company-wide, there's a post on our blog.
Or have a sneak peek into what happens when get together for Pleo Team Camp on our YouTube 👈🏾
Check out what we think about the realities of working remotely on our blog.
No one says it quite like our customers. Hear what they have to say this week on Trustpilot.
Also, check out Glassdoor if you'd like to hear about us from other people.
PS. we treat all candidates equally: If you are interested please apply through our application system - any correspondence should come from there! Our lovely support isn't able to pass on any calls/ emails our way - and this makes sure that the candidate experience is smooth and fair to everyone 🙂