Point is bringing rewards and benefits to the debit card. Say goodbye to credit card debt and interest payments.
Point is a new kind of spending experience; one that rewards you for spending what you have, actively encourages you to avoid overspending, and never charges interest or hidden fees. We’re going after a multi-trillion dollar opportunity to deliver transparency and shake up the world of consumer payments.
We’re looking for a Data Engineer to join our small but mighty team of passionate and collaborative individuals. We launched Point publicly in November and we’ve already been ranked as a top finance app in the App Store, processed millions in transaction volume, and cultivated an enthusiastic community of early adopters. Additionally, we're backed by top investors like Peter Thiel (Valar Ventures) and Y Combinator.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Design and build scalable and robust data management systems
- Ensure that all systems meet industry best practices and business requirements
- Create custom services and tooling when applicable
- Implement disaster recovery procedures
- Collaborate with engineers and data scientists on projects
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Physics Statistics or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience
- Strong algorithmic and data modeling knowledge
- Experience working with a Hadoop or similar ecosystem
- Expert in SQL and a scripting language like Python
Bonus Points (no pun intended):
- Experience working with AWS data products
- Experience with 3rd party integration tooling like Segment
- Experience maintaining Data Lake/Warehouse
- Experience supporting data analysts
- Experience building a data pipeline from scratch
- Have built a real-time data pipeline using a streaming technology like Kinesis or Kafka
- Opportunity to be part of a brand that is creating a new standard for financial services and enter at the ground floor of a fast growing, mission-driven company.
- Competitive salary, stock options, and 401K.
- Full health benefits (medical, dental, and vision insurance).
- Unlimited vacation policy, paid company holidays, and WFH flexible. We shut down the office at the end of the year for a winter holiday.
- Free Point Card membership + 10,000 ($100) monthly points
- Monthly stipends for continuous learning, health & wellness, and commuting.