Point is bringing rewards and benefits to the debit card. Say goodbye to credit card debt and interest payments.
Point is a new kind of spending experience; one that rewards you for spending what you have, actively encourages you to avoid overspending, and never charges interest or hidden fees. We’re going after a multi-trillion dollar opportunity to deliver transparency and shake up the world of consumer payments.
We’re looking for an Engineering Manager to join our small but mighty team of passionate and collaborative folks. We just launched Point to the public in November and we’ve already been ranked as a top finance app in the App Store, processed millions in transaction volume, and cultivated an enthusiastic community of early adopters. Additionally, we're backed by top investors like Peter Thiel (Valar Ventures), Y Combinator.
Role & Responsibilities
- Coach and support the career growth of Engineers reporting to you, and partner with cross-functional team members.
- Manage the core product engineering team day to day (standups, 1:1s, remove blockers, etc) and create feedback loops.
- Collaborate with Engineering and Senior Leadership on crucial technical decisions.
- Determine and maintain best practices for engineering development processes.
- Contribute to engineering hiring process by participating and helping drive engineering interviews.
- Scope out engineering tasks with the Engineering and Product teams.
- 3+ years of engineering leadership experience.
- Previous experience managing development teams of 3-8 people that have shipped successful products
- 2 to 3 years of IC engineering experience and a demonstrated ability to write code
- Bonus Points (no pun intended)
- Node experience
- GraphQL experience
- Experience or strong interest in the fin-tech space
We're Built In:
- React Native
- GraphQL (Apollo)
- Jest testing framework
- Opportunity to be a part of a brand that is creating a new standard of financial services and entering at the ground floor of a fast growing, mission-driven company.
- Competitive salary, stock options, and 401K.
- Full health benefits (medical, dental, and vision insurance).
- Unlimited vacation policy, paid company holidays, and WFH flexible. We shut down the office at the end of the year for a winter holiday.
- Free Point Card membership + 10,000 ($100) monthly points
- Monthly stipends for continuous learning, health & wellness, and commuting.