Point is bringing rewards and benefits to the debit card. Say goodbye to credit card debt and interest payments.
Point is the first mobile banking app to offer a debit card with relevant rewards and benefits like 5% back on subscriptions and purchase protection on all purchases. Point is a better everyday spending alternative to a traditional, elite credit card like an Amex. We believe you shouldn’t have to go into debt to receive great rewards and benefits.
We're looking for a Senior Mobile Engineer to help build a mobile banking app that you would actually use. Seriously, we're challenging the status quo and building a premium debit card to align incentives with our members.
- You'll have the opportunity to work alongside a lean and highly-talented team. One of our co-founders designed the interface of the first iPhone and we launched and scaled to millions of dollars in transactional volume with a team of 2.5 engineers — ask us about it.
- Our team is super collaborative and transparent. You have impact across the entire company from new product features, internal tools, or jamming on a marketing idea — no shortage of things to work on.
- We're well-funded and supported by top investors — we're backed by the same investors behind companies like Airbnb, Stripe, Notion, and many others.
About The Role:
This Senior Mobile Engineer will be a product oriented Engineer that is excited to own and manage the front-end code base as a primary contributor. Ideally, this new team member will have an understanding of the demanding nature of working in an early-stage startup environment and a demonstrated track record of shipping high-quality production code using React Native, Typescript and GraphQL.
How You'll Contribute:
- Work closely with Design to build impressive experiences for users.
- Integrate GraphQL end points into mobile app.
- Translate Zeplin designs into the mobile app.
- Refactor code and improving the overall user experience.
What We're Looking For:
- 3+ years experience in mobile app development.
- A very strong grasp of connecting frontend code with backend APIs.
- Fluency in React Native. Prior experience with Swift, Obj-C or Java preferred.
- A strong passion for creating innovative UI interactions.
- Experience working on a multi-disciplinary team with an emphasis on interacting closely with designers and design engineers.
- Experience with native mobile app development using Swift/Obj-C or Java/Kotlin.
- Experience creating fluid, GPU accelerated motion interactions.
We're built in:
- React Native
- Apollo Client (GraphQL)
- Jest testing framework
- Opportunity to be a part of a brand that is creating a new standard of financial services and entering at the ground floor of a fast growing, mission-driven company.
- Competitive salary, stock options, and 401K.
- Full health benefits (medical, dental, and vision insurance).
- Unlimited vacation policy, paid company holidays, and WFH flexible. We shut down the office at the end of the year for a winter holiday.
- Free Point Card membership + 10,000 ($100) monthly points
- Monthly stipends for continuous learning, health & wellness, and commuting.