Director, Sales Strategy & Operations
Postmates is looking for a Director, Sales Strategy & Operations to play a central role in further scaling the growth of our merchant partnerships and revenue.
WHO WE ARE
Postmates enables anyone to have just about anything on-demand. We pioneered the on-demand space and currently serve 80% of US households with a fleet of more than 350,000 Postmates and the largest network of merchants in the US. We’re changing the landscape of commerce by making cities our warehouses, providing the delivery infrastructure, and connecting our customers to any product, anywhere, anytime. Postmates isn’t just an app, it’s a way of life and a part of pop culture. We are the O.G. of on-demand and we’ve given people a new superpower — the ability to Postmate anything from anywhere. We’re building a movement to make Postmates a verb: Postmate it.
WHAT WE DO
At Postmates, we’re building the future of commerce by using technology to connect local stores and restaurants with customers looking to save time. Working to solve some of the biggest urban logistics problems, we focus on closing the loop between merchants and the customers they’d otherwise be unable to reach. Postmates is growing rapidly and we are looking for results-driven, seasoned leader to drive our company towards success, while growing and leading a team of equally motivated individuals.
As a leader of the Sales Strategy & Operations team, you will play a central role in further scaling the growth of our merchant partnerships and revenue. This role will work closely with sales leadership to drive the go-to-market strategy, drive cross-functional projects with key stakeholders in sales, finance, and product teams to enhance revenue, and define the processes & tools to improve productivity and operations.
- Develop, hire, and lead the sales operations team as it evolves with growth and business needs
- Partner with leadership to develop go-to-market strategy, define resource needs and allocation
- Drive sales strategy and planning through OKR creation, measurement, and implementation
- Develop performance management frameworks, including quota setting, key account assignments, and territory management
- Design initiatives to amplify team performance and productivity; work with cross-functional teams to drive execution
- Design and manage cross-functional projects with our sales, account management, product, operations and analytics teams to accelerate merchant selection and revenue growth
- Define and manage the development of tools, systems, and process used across merchant-facing teams
- Manage deal desk and pricing; drive agreement closure and deal terms compliance
- 8+ years experience in strategy, operations, business development, consulting or relevant experience in high-growth environments; sales operations experience preferred
- 3+ years of direct management experience
- Demonstrated track record of success and hitting goals in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical thinker who can translate data into actionable insights; advanced SQL skills and experience with Salesforce preferred
- Strategic mindset and executive presence - this is a high visibility role with daily interaction with senior leaders
- Strong interpersonal skills, with track record of cross-functional leadership
OUR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required