Purple combines uber comfort with science-backed technology to make sleep and sit products for everyday life. Their award-winning marketing represents the company's quirky, colorful culture and their over 100 granted and pending patents guarantee that this company is one-of-a-kind. Nestled at the base of the Wasatch mountain range, Purple sits as one of Utah's fastest growing companies. Poised to take over the world — or at least the mattress industry — Purple is looking for the most-rad, ultra-cool, totally-awesome peeps to join the team.
Are you an experienced business mind interested in developing and executing business strategies for one of the most disruptive and innovative brands in the marketplace today? Do you have a passion for creating and executing strategies to deliver unparalleled consumer value through consumer-focused retail merchandising and innovative product assortment? Do you excel at aligning and providing direction to cross-functional teams? If so, then read on!
The Director, Business Strategies and Execution is responsible for the integrated merchandise marketing calendar and roadmap for Purple. You will be accountable for company growth and engagement results. You will assess our processes and strategies and build out the framework for moving forward with a goal of continuous improvement. As this is not an entry-level position, you will have at least 10 years of experience working in a retail setting to be considered. You will have a deep understanding inclusive not only of the mattress industry but retail at large. Reporting to the Sr. Director of Product & Merchandising, you will influence the business vision and strategy and align cross-functional teams in executing that strategy.
WHO WE ARE: We are the Purple Product & Merchandising Team. We are a fast-growing group of category management, merchandising and product/brand management experts. Our mission is simple: drive revenue and merchandising margin by launching innovative products and delivering the right product assortment across channels in support of product and brand strategies and key consumer insights.
**ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: **
- Cross-functional Business leader connecting the dots between Exec team, Marketing, Creative, eCommerce, Planning, Product & Merchandising, Retail and Wholesale
- Utilize a strong business acumen to develop and recommend long term business strategies and plans as well as short term business boosting initiatives. This role will help set the framework and drive the strategy, acting as a “hub” for all of the “spokes.”
- Lead the development, alignment and execution of quarterly business strategies and plans, including owning the integrated marketing calendar (coordinating product launches/releases, product/brand/value messaging priorities, marketing activations, and promotions), for US and Canada
- Development and oversight of the Time and Action calendar
- Assist Sr. Director of Product & Merchandising with cross-category (portfolio) support: roadmap planning, strategy development, forecasting, and financial reporting, including creating and aligning the Rolling 3 Year Product Roadmap
- Promotions lead. Work with Planners, Category leads, and channel partners on promotions calendar, execution and hind sighting. Recommend promotional guardrails in collaboration with Category leads and Planners.
- Open eyes and mind for new growth opportunities, collaborations and partnerships
- Strong understanding of the consumer. Leads coordination of key product marketing activities and supporting processes for Product & Merchandising.
- Own testing strategy for primary promotions from recommendations, executing and reporting of results (in partnership with Data Analytics and Channel leads)
- Responsible for status updates and reporting to the Executive team, inclusive of CEO, on business results and upcoming initiatives
- Innovative leader that cross functional teams rely on to execute their jobs effectively and successfully
- Analytical, good with data interpretation to provide business minded recommendations based on facts
- Prod & Merch Forecast Process and Merch Planning Lead (Category Planners have dotted-line reporting relationship)
** QUALIFICATIONS: **
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications or a related field preferred
- Minimum 10-15 years’ experience working in retail / corporate marketing or agency setting strongly preferred
- Experience in retail or other direct to consumer brands
- Firm understanding of and experience with retail time and action calendars, holistic marketing calendars, and related processes
- Able to generate new ideas and creative solutions with a hands-on mentality
- Experience managing direct reports
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- A passion for moving brands forward with innovative products and customer growth
- Organized and analytical to develop creative plans, strategies, calendars and able to pivot in a fast-paced environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks
- Effective story-teller who enjoys bringing products and plans to life
- Able to generate new ideas and creative solutions
- Readiness to step in and get the job done when needed
- Problem solver who thrives in a dynamic environment
- Self-starter who can manage their own workflow and projects
- Honed analytical skills in interpreting and translating metrics with the ability to act on findings
BENEFITS AND PERKS
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401(k) Match
- Generous PTO
- Market Money
- Earn a Mattress
- Purple Swag
- Amazing Purple Products
WHY WORK AT PURPLE?
- Make your mark: We value innovative thinking. At Purple, you will be empowered to bring your ideas to life as we work together to improve people’s lives through comfort. - Gain unique experience: Be a part of one of the fastest-growing companies in Utah! The contributions you make will matter at Purple as the company continues to grow with you. **- Awesome culture: **Join the tight-knit team at Purple and you can enjoy working alongside industry experts, making close friends, and annual employee appreciation events.
Purple provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.