Rocket.Chat is the world’s largest open-source communication platform, trusted by 12M+ users in 150 countries. A flexible and transparent hub that allows companies to centralize communication and customer support in a single place, boosting team productivity.
This is a global remote position
We’re looking for a B2B Communications & PR manager to help drive Rocket.Chat’s corporate and brand marketing efforts. This is the ideal job if you are looking for an international startup branding and PR challenge where you’ll be building things from scratch.
In this role, you will help establish Rocket.Chat’s market positioning and own the communications plan that elevates Rocket.Chat market presence in key strategic channels and locations. You will also be the keeper of Rocket.Chat’s brand and voice, working with internal and external parties to ensure Rocket.Chat’s voice and story are coming through consistently and in the most impactful way.
To succeed, we need your expertise in managing PR, Media and Influencer Relations, ability to craft moving and resonant messaging for large enterprise decision-makers as well as tech communities.
- 4+ years of experience in comms & PR, ideally in SaaS.
- Experience in brand building and curation, including the development and management of corporate-level positioning, brand and style guidelines, and global brand governance.
- Experience in project management and execution of PR campaigns.
- Expert copywriting skills (excellent written English).
- An entrepreneurial mindset, including a high tolerance for ambiguity, a penchant for experimentation, and a bias towards action.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with strong attention to detail.
- Set the Comms Strategy - Establish and execute a communication strategy for Rocket.Chat that drives awareness for our brand and elevates our place in the category with top-tier placements (Gartner, WSJ, FT, Forbes, Fortune, etc).
- Work alongside Rocket.Chat’s PR agency managing day-to-day activities to deliver long-term success.
- Lead Global Brand Initiatives & Events - Lead the development of strategic global marketing programs, industry initiatives, events, etc.
- Brand Consistency - Ensure Rocket.Chat’s brand is showing up consistently across channels and mediums, including design, tone & voice, and more.
- PR & Media Relations - Lead a Communications effort that drives influence and advocacy with Press and influential voices in the community.
- Executive & Brand Thought Leadership - Lead the development of thought leadership and other corporate presentations, including executive comms.
- Culture and Employer Branding - Partner with HR on internal communications and be a champion for Rocket.Chat’s culture.
- Oversee our social media strategy and act as direct manager to our Social Media Specialist.
Wherever you are our goal is to make your routine as a Rocketeer feel enjoyable, exciting and comfortable, so if you are remote or working from our office in Porto Alegre (Brazil) you’ll receive a set of benefits to improve your work experience!
Today one of the largest open source projects in the world with more than 1000 developers, Rocket.Chat has advanced as a platform that empowers people to collaborate with others, while empowering individual teams to fully customize their platform to meet their unique needs.
At Rocket.Chat we believe in collaborating to create a more collaborative world! See yourself in that? So apply now!