Rocket.Chat is the world’s largest open-source communication platform, trusted by 12M+ users in 150 countries. A flexible and transparent hub that allows companies to centralize communication and customer support in a single place, boosting team productivity.
We are looking for a rising leader to join our Operations team as the Manager of Data and Analytics group. The desired candidate is an organizational leader with a passion for data and analysis; s/he has a clear vision for how data can influence and add value to Rocket.Chat’s mission and performance.
The role requires hands-on leadership and technical skills, to grow the team through the startup phase and transform the company into a data-driven organization. The Manager is responsible for scaling the data function in an environment based primarily on cloud based SaaS systems. The leader must consider global operations and be able to manage a remote, geographically dispersed team. The reach of the Data & Analytics group is broad: actively driving our business strategy by collaborating across Rocket.Chat with all departments. Specifically, partnering with the Sales, Product, Community, Customer Experience, Support, Operations, and executive management teams to use data to deliver insights and inform decisions.
Your main responsibilities in a daily basis:
- Drive the scope and effectiveness of the data and analysis function at Rocket.Chat.
- And employ "train the trainer" approaches to increase data fluency and self-service capability across the company.
- Ensure the Company’s cloud and on-premise data is centralized into a single data lake and modeled to support data analysis requirements from all functional groups of the Company.
- Establish and maintain a common data framework so that all company data can be analyzed in a unified manner. And that this provides the foundation for adding more sophisticated data modeling and use of complex algorithms to generate more advanced insights.
- Create and execute a plan to develop and mature our ability to measure and optimize growth drivers in our business model (Product Led Growth, Community, Enterprise).
- Ensure that all transactional systems can communicate with the data warehouse and that production data adheres to a unified data model.Collaborate with all functions of the company to ensure data needs are addressed and the required data is modeled and available to leaders, analysts, and end-users.
- Manage operational components of our data platforms and infrastructure to ensure updated data are available per established protocols.
- Develop a roadmap for the data and analytics function that clearly defines ownership and responsibility between the central data function and the functional groups.
- Manage, lead, and develop a high-performing team. Including day-to-day assignments, bi-weekly milestone planning, 1-1s, quarterly objectives, and annual reviews.
- Work with product, operations and executive management to guide, maintain a holistic vision of the future of data at Rocket.Chat, and help leadership plan for any changes in our data strategy or needs. For example, guiding in-product analytics across the user journey.
Abilities/skills and requirements you should bring:
- Advanced/Fluid English proficiency
- 4+ years of experience in a data analytics/engineering/science role
- Bonus: 1+ years leading or managing a team of data analysts/engineers/scientists
- BA/BS or equivalent working experience
- Cultural fit - aligned to our DOTS: Aligned with our Mission (Dream), Results oriented (Own), Team player (Trust), and “Open” disposition (Share)
- Demonstrate ability to understand and communicate end-to-end data systems: from compute to ETL to Reporting to Analysis
- Exceptional experience creating and developing partnerships with internal team members towards delivery of impactful analytics solutions
- Excels at communicating technical concepts to non-technical team members
- Experience defining and executing project plans at the day, week, and month time spans
- Deep understanding and hands-on experience with scripting languages (SQL, Python, or similar.) and relational databases (Mongo DB or similar)
- Experience working with large quantities of raw, disorganized data
- Experience with open source data & analytics tools
- Must be able to work in alignment with America's time zones
Note: This is a Brazil or LATAM-based remote position, so we won't be able to proceed with candidates living outside these locations at the moment.
Wherever you are, our goal is to make your routine as a Rocketeer feel enjoyable, exciting and comfortable, so if you are remote or working from our office in Porto Alegre (Brazil) you’ll receive a set of benefits to improve your work experience! They include: flexible schedule, fun colleagues on 4 continents and a vibrant company culture, celebrations and Happy Hours, no dress code, remote work as you wish, unlimited Paid Time Off and English and tech courses.
Today one of the largest open source projects in the world with more than 1000 developers, Rocket.Chat has advanced as a platform that empowers people to collaborate with others, while empowering individual teams to fully customize their platform to meet their unique needs.
As Rocket.Chat we believe in collaborating to create a more collaborative world! See yourself in that? So apply now!