Rocket.Chat is the world’s largest open-source communication platform, trusted by 12M+ users in 150 countries. A flexible and transparent hub that allows companies to centralize communication and customer support in a single place, boosting team productivity.
This is a global remote position.
As the Head of Marketing Operations, you’ll be responsible for the end-to-end optimization and governance of all marketing processes at Rocket.Chat. You’ll ensure our marketing stack and automations are integrated and deployed effectively, funnels are optimized, goals are defined clearly and kept in focus, data is tracked properly, reports are used, insights applied and budgets are respected. In many ways, you’ll keep our marketing efforts together, lay the foundation of marketing success and enable us to scale.
We’re looking for someone who has done the job before and can hit the ground running. You bring an architectural approach to marketing operations, meaning your processes are built to last as we scale the business and iterate on our go-to-market strategy. The right candidate for this role is able to gather and share all the insights needed for other functions within our marketing team to make data driven decisions that drive real business impact.
You’ll be building and growing the function from scratch so we expect you to have a vision as to what the team will look like with 1, 3, 5 team members and so on. The Head of Marketing Operations reports directly to our VP of Marketing.
- Define the Marketing Operations vision and strategy that enables intelligent decisions through precise analysis.
- Own the Marketing Operations roadmap, ensuring marketing technology is evaluated, selected, implemented and customized to meet the needs of the marketing department.
- Build an scalable architecture for the various lead nurture flows that align with our go-to-market strategy.
- Design, implement and continuously optimize our lead lifecycle processes including stages, lead scoring rules, MQL threshold. Own the handoff with sales.
- Work cross functionally to ensure the marketing department can correctly report on the ratio between customer lifetime value and customer acquisition cost split by marketing acquisition tactic.
- Regularly inform stakeholders across the marketing team on marketing performance to ensure alignment on the best possible data-driven marketing strategy.
- Track and report on the entire marketing funnel including volume, velocity, conversion stage-to-stage, and average value; make sure funnel measures can be analyzed by key dimensions such as industry, geo, and persona.
- Ensure processes are designed, documented, understood, and followed.
- Continually work to simplify systems and processes, avoiding customization bloat and over-engineered processes.
- 5+ years of marketing operations experience
- People management skills in a geographically dispersed team
- Direct experience in the software industry
- Balance of strategic vision and tactical execution
- Extremely analytical
- Adept at managing multiple projects and deadlines
- Excellent planning, organizational and project management skills
- Demonstrated experience designing an innovative marketing technology stack
Wherever you are our goal is to make your routine as a Rocketeer feel enjoyable, exciting and comfortable, so if you are remote or working from our office in Porto Alegre (Brazil) you’ll receive a set of benefits to improve your work experience!
Today one of the largest open source projects in the world with more than 1000 developers, Rocket.Chat has advanced as a platform that empowers people to collaborate with others, while empowering individual teams to fully customize their platform to meet their unique needs.
At Rocket.Chat we believe in collaborating to create a more collaborative world! See yourself in that? So apply no