Rocket.Chat is the world’s largest open-source communication platform, trusted by 12M+ users in 150 countries. A flexible and transparent hub that allows companies to centralize communication and customer support in a single place, boosting team productivity.
This is a global remote position.
As the Head of Product Marketing, your job is to, first and foremost, deeply understand our ideal customer, our competitive landscape and the market we operate in so that you can effectively bring our product to market.
You will lead our product positioning and messaging, launches and ensure internal teams and customers understand what we do, to whom we do it for and the value it creates. Your strategic thinking is well balanced by an equal commercial focus.
The Head of Product Marketing reports directly to our VP of Marketing and leads, supports and develops the entire product marketing function, playing a leadership role for the entire product marketing team. You will also work directly with our customers, documenting their needs and using that insight to help shape our entire GTM so that we can speak clearer to our ICP.
- Tell the story & show the power of Rocket.Chat to the market. This entails positioning & messaging, value proposition, unique differentiators, competitive and market intelligence and product category framing.
- Lead and manage a team of successful product marketing managers as well as drive the vision to how we specialize the function as we continue to grow.
- Own small, medium and large product launches from ideation to execution and reporting.
- You'll be expected to work well cross-functionally (especially across sales, customer success, product and community) and become an expert in team collaboration, omnichannel customer support and DevOps.
- Champion our customers. Understand their needs, why they chose our product and how they use it.
- Develop and manage our analyst relationships program to ensure we are a part of the right conversations happening across our ICP. This includes consistently delivering briefs to analysts covering the appropriate software spaces.
- Work cross-functionally with customer success, product and community to develop and execute our peer reviews program (G2, GetApp, Capterra, etc), therefore ensuring our product is well represented.
- App store optimization.
- Support our sales team with sales enablement materials such as product one pagers, battle cards, sales presentation decks, product videos and more.
- Build and promote a catalogue of customer stories and testimonials that showcase the value created by Rocket.Chat across all relevant industries.
- Given the nature of our product, you’ll specialize our materials to target all relevant industries, showcasing why we are the best choice for that industry, the product characteristics that deliver on that value and how we have the track record to prove it.
- Support website development and messaging consistency across all channels,, work collaboratively across the entire marketing team.
- Minimum 5 years of experience working in a B2B software marketing role
- Proven track record in product marketing
- You’ve managed a team before
- You're a great communicator, you inspire performance and influence key stakeholders
- You're a task master, like to get things done and finish a to-do list
- You're a creator, and have no problem building something on your own
- You like to figure things out. You've an investigator, a researcher, a curious learner
Wherever you are our goal is to make your routine as a Rocketeer feel enjoyable, exciting and comfortable, so if you are remote or working from our office in Porto Alegre (Brazil) you’ll receive a set of benefits to improve your work experience!
Today one of the largest open source projects in the world with more than 1000 developers, Rocket.Chat has advanced as a platform that empowers people to collaborate with others, while empowering individual teams to fully customize their platform to meet their unique needs.
At Rocket.Chat we believe in collaborating to create a more collaborative world! See yourself in that? So apply now!