Rocket.Chat is the world’s largest open-source communication platform, trusted by 12M+ users in 150 countries. A flexible and transparent hub that allows companies to centralize communication and customer support in a single place, boosting team productivity.
This is a remote position.
PURPOSE OF THE AREA
The Cloud team delivers important features for Rocket.Chat users around the world. We are responsible for the easiest way to try and use our Rocket.Chat via the cloud. To access our omnichannel services, gateways and many other critical services. We plan out new services and build them to run in a highly available way. We plan, manage and secure our infrastructure for our external and internal services. We learn how to best Deploy Rocket.Chat. We strive to make our services run seamlessly with self-hosted workspaces and augment their experience. We are tightly related to the success of the company.
Some of the services we build/run are:
- Push Gateway
- Provisioning Tool
- Cloud Hosted Workspaces
- Omni Gateway
- Upcoming services
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
This position and the person filling it is a key part of our team. They are responsible for developing, maintaining and improving the services we offer our customers. This position is critical for helping us be agile and developing solutions for our customers.
- Creating services/features to help us meet customer needs
- Adding features to existing services
- Ensuring our services are built with performance and reliability in mind
- Work with infrastructure automation
- Ensuring services work with many versions of Rocket.Chat
- Ensuring the minimum technical debt.
- Writing services that can scale with increased demand
- Keeping security in mind
- Testable code
- Infrastructure skills (both on-prem and cloud)
- Familiarity with “cloud-native”
- Good async communication skills
- English speaking for communicating with teammates around the world
- Creative Thinking
Wherever you are our goal is to make your routine as a Rocketeer feel enjoyable, exciting, and comfortable, so if you are remote or working from our office in Porto Alegre (Brazil) you’ll receive a set of benefits to improve your work experience!
Today one of the largest open-source projects in the world with more than 1000 developers, Rocket.Chat has advanced as a platform that empowers people to collaborate with others, while empowering individual teams to fully customize their platform to meet their unique needs.
As Rocket.Chat we believe in collaborating to create a more collaborative world! See yourself in that? So apply now!