At Runa, you will be a product engineer - someone who solves real customer problems through an efficient application of your technical knowledge and your tools. You’ll be part of one of our multidisciplinary squads, where you will build both back-end and front-end systems, and work closely with designers, delivery managers, stakeholders and data analysts.
- Role: Owns the development and rollout for an entire product, or large project. Champions process (Scrum, TDD, etc). Writes tech specs and identifies risks before starting major projects. Sets standards. Goes out of their way to reduce complexity. As needed, takes on additional “tech lead” / “Engineering manager” responsibilities for driving an initiative to completion. Additionally, may lead technical teams of 2-5 engineers through a project, being accountable for the technical outcome and quality of the work being produced by others.
- Anti-patterns: Doesn’t delegate. Always says “yes” and suffers burn-out. Jumps into execution without careful consideration. Lets details slip through the cracks. Fails to raise awareness of projects at risk or people-problems. Doesn’t follow new technologies or industry trends.
- Experience: ~5+ years EM take ownership over a whole product (e.g. an entire application, or suite of services). In addition to delivering solid and maintainable software, they understand company dynamics and good process. Senior engineers often wear an additional “tech lead” hat. This means they take on the (thankless) work of project management and process oversight. They keep the trains running on time.
Engineering Managers (EMs) at Runa find creative solutions to organizational design. Additionally, they lead a team of engineers, supporting them in growth, performance management and clearly setting and holding them accountable to their role’s expectations.
As an Engineering Manager at Runa you will partner with delivery managers, tech leaders and product owners to lead the product delivery of new features and solutions for Runa’s internal and external customers. You will focus on building teams, tools and processes that enable your developers to execute with excellence. You will focus on the developer experience, the tools and pipelines that make your team effective.
- Serve as a Technical Lead contributing to and directing the efforts of development teams, including internal and external team members.
- Contribute to the ongoing evolution of the existing content supply portfolio of applications and services.
- Design, develop, modify, implement, and support software components anywhere in the Software stack.
- Determine root cause for the most complex software issues and develop practical, efficient, and permanent technical solutions.
- Remain current on new technologies; evaluate and make recommendations as necessary.
- Assist in task planning, estimation, scheduling, and staffing.
- Mentor Software Engineers to allow for skill/knowledge development through advice, coaching, and training opportunities.
- Determine process improvements, best practices, and develop new processes.
- Work in close partnership with cross-functional teams and management.
- Manage a software engineering team working on a variety of solutions
- Work with multiple departments to ensure timely delivery of our roadmap
- Ensure a steady stream of quality releases with minimal chaos
- Provide a balance between technical excellence and product delivery goals
- Support, coach, and grow software developers
- Craft, evolve, and manage lightweight processes that ensure cross team communication while allowing engineers to focus on what they do best
- Throw in with the development team on coding in order to keep a close relationship with the technology
- Have fun in a challenging but rewarding environment