We are hiring a Production Scheduler!
Ruprecht is a solutions-driven meat processor and food manufacturer serving both domestic and international customers in the foodservice and retail sectors. Established in 1860, Ruprecht is currently the oldest operating beef processor in the Chicago area!
The Production Scheduler uses their knowledge of Ruprecht's production process and reports to create daily/ weekly production schedules. This opportunity is for someone who is self-motivated and goal-oriented to ensure objectives are achieved and that all deadlines are met. Join our winning team as we provide solutions to the food industry's challenges and be a part of our mission to make quality dining easy!
- Excellent low-cost Medical insurance
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401k with match
- Company-paid life insurance
- An on-site cafe where breakfast and lunch is served daily
- Employee discount of Ruprecht Product
- Employee Assistance Program
- Opportunity for career growth
- Developing and Releasing Daily and Weekly Production Schedules in accordance with supply plan and line capacity as communicated by Production.
- Creating all work orders and releasing work orders daily to production.
- Monitoring, tracking, and reporting on the delivery of the supply and inventory plans following release for execution on a weekly basis.
- Working jointly with supply chain teams and internal/external manufacturing sites to identify options when supply is constrained.
- Proactively reviewing material supply and requirements to determine appropriate actions to avoid material shortages in production. Make changes to schedules as required.
- Ensuring that Supervisors/Leads receive schedules daily in a timely manner and that they report any discrepancies to the Production Manager daily.
- Reviewing schedule attainment during daily meetings with the Production Manager to address any issues on the production floor.
- Reports Schedule Attainment and Schedule Adherence on a weekly basis.
- Working directly with employees to resolve scheduling issues.
- Working with material planners to ensure that material supply needs are met.
- Documenting key information for analysis which includes downtime, peak production, inventory accuracy, and scheduling accuracy. Accountable for performance to plan, plan stability, customer service, and inventory levels.
- Executing effective, timely phase-in and phase-out plans for new products, product changes, to support innovation and product change management processes by interacting with Supply Planning, Marketing, and Sales.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Operations Research, Math/Statistics, Supply Chain, or Operations Management (preferred).
- Minimum 3+ years of hands-on experience in production scheduling in manufacturing facilities (preferred).
- Demonstrated experience with master scheduling tools such as DemandWorks, Logility, SAP, Oracle (required).
- Experience in a leadership role, able to coach and mentor.
- Exceptional computer skills; ERP, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Excellent communication skills to effectively communicate across multiple departments and through multiple levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated influencing, negotiating, and conflict management skills.
- Excellent collaborative management skills.
- Strong working knowledge of effective supply chain performance including supply planning, customer service, supplier and asset management.
- Strong passion for creating process and systems improvement.
- CPIM or CSCP certifications from APICS.