We are hiring a Quality Assurance Technician! Ruprecht is a solutions-driven meat processor and food manufacturer serving both domestic and international customers in the foodservice and retail sectors. Established in 1860, Ruprecht is currently the oldest operating beef processor in the Chicago area!
Be a part of our QA technician Team! We are looking for individuals who take pride in their work and have a good eye for detail. We want rockstars who want to take advantage of the unique opportunity that Ruprecht offers for our employees to train to be future leaders. Be a part of our winning team and join us in our mission to make quality dining easy!
- Excellent low-cost Medical insurance
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401k with match
- Company-paid life insurance
- An on-site cafe where breakfast and lunch is served daily
- Employee discount of Ruprecht Product
- Employee Assistance Program
- Opportunity for growth
Role and Responsibilities
- Monitoring process controls for food safety & GMP
- Handle U.S.D.A. and S.S.O.P documentation.
- Conducts tests by pulling product off the lines randomly to measure weight, length, and thickness
- Performs pre-operational inspections of production lines assigned.
- Responsible for hourly metal detection checks
- Performing day-to-day production floor activities as assigned by the QA supervisor and lead, monitoring process controls for food safety & GMP compliance
- Collaborating with the operations team to ensure compliance with regulatory, policies and procedures, company and customer expectations as related to the receiving of raw materials, and production process, process controls, and packaging of finished goods.
- Support the daily functioning of the facility in collaboration with the operations peers.
- The position is cross-trained with other technicians in the department and will be back-ups for each other and leads as needed.
- High School Diploma or GED -Required at least 2 years’ quality experience in the food industry -Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook in addition to knowledge of manufacturing processes and procedures.
- Experience with Food Safety Audit Expectations and requirements preferred
- HAACP, SQF, and GMP principle knowledge are preferred.
- English speaking is a must; Spanish is a Plus