Sandboxx is a leading technology platform dedicated to finding and building solutions for our armed forces. We empower our military community through technology, community, and content to ensure that the entire military ecosystem thrives.
As our Email Marketing Manager, you will own our messaging channels and be responsible for the digital voice of our brand. We are looking for someone with exceptional copywriting skills to help communicate new and existing product offerings. You will collaborate with Sandboxx’s Marketing and Product Teams to help scale our acquisition efforts and craft the narrative of our ever-growing suite of products built for the Military Community.
- Build, manage, and own cross-channel automated lifecycle and individual email campaigns end-to-end
- Act as the main point of contact for Leanplum, our go-to CRM/messaging platform.
- Run regular experiments and in-depth user data analyses to learn and apply insights
- Translate business goals into accurate delivery requirements, including but not limited to: specifying required data, segmentation & targeting logic, and dynamic content requirements
- Effectively communicate the strategy, progress, results and analysis to internal and external stakeholders
- Weekly reporting on Email KPIs, such as campaign deliverability, open rates & conversion rates
- Plan and execute ongoing A/B testing (format, frequency, imagery, etc) for continual performance improvements
- Work closely with the Director of Marketing and provide regular updates on messaging performance
- Provide regular reporting and maintain historical performance data
- Effectively manage a significant paid media budget
- In the first week, expect to:
- Work to get up to speed with how the organization runs, including how our OKRs, RACIs, and other operational frameworks work.
- In the first month, expect to:
- Garner familiarity with Leanplum and audience segmentation
- Find ways to improve our email and sms strategies and launch new campaigns.
- In the first three months, expect to:
- Launch a new series of acquisition and retention messaging campaigns
- Create a repeatable process to help us drive success
- In the first six months, expect to:
- Become the go-to source for all things Sandboxx messaging
- Lead a complete revamp of our existing lifecycle messaging
- 4+ years of experience with multi-channel marketing (email, push, SMS)
- Robust knowledge of messaging CRMs (such as Leanplum, Braze, etc.)
- 2+ years of experience of marketing mobile applications and/or e-commerce brands
- Strong project management and organization skills, with heavy attention to detail
- A great eye for email design and creative
- Experience with HTML
- Able to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment. Past startup experience is a huge plus.
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
- Equity incentive plan
- 401k with matching and sharing
- Top tier health insurance and family benefits
- Flexible paid vacation
- Paid parental leave
This position can be remote or based at Sandboxx’s headquarters in Arlington, VA.
Sandboxx is an equal opportunity workplace and we would like to hear from all qualified applicants. If you have a disability or any special needs that we might need to accommodate, please just let us know.