Sandboxx is a leading technology platform dedicated to finding and building solutions for our armed forces. We empower our military community through technology, community, and content to ensure that the entire military ecosystem thrives.
We are looking for a Front-End Web Developer with experience in React development who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. You will work with the UI/UX designer and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
- Build features and maintain the health of Sandboxx's web application as part of a growing team
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Write end-to-end and unit tests
- Build and maintain our continuous integration and delivery pipeline
- Collaborate with product managers, designers, and other Sandboxx team members and stakeholders
Skills And Qualifications
- Proficiency with front-end development workflows (e.g., build systems, dependency management)
- An eye on emerging technologies, tools, and trends in the React and front-end development spaces
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect web applications to back-end services
- Familiarity with CircleCI and other CI/CD tools
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
- Equity incentive plan
- 401k with matching and sharing
- Top tier health insurance and family benefits
- Flexible paid vacation
- Paid parental leave
This position is based at Sandboxx’s headquarters in Arlington, VA.
Sandboxx is an equal opportunity workplace and we would like to hear from all qualified applicants. If you have a disability or any special needs that we might need to accommodate, please just let us know.