We're building the infrastructure to power the Third Industrial Revolution
Sangha Systems is searching for a Director of Operations to take a substantial equity position in a medium-stage startup that is angling to be a large player in the Third Industrial Revolution. Depending on depth of experience, Sangha Systems intends to grant this person a 10% - 13% equity stake with the possibility of a 6-month salary draw upon starting.
The company has strong values and a mission captured in its namesake. “Sangha” is a Sanskrit word that conveys a sense of community-driven purpose where the whole is greater than the sum of the parts, and we believe we can change the energy industry by bringing together a collective of skills, visions, and work styles to pave the way forward.
We currently seek a technically skilled individual with either a construction management, project management, or engineering background that is looking to get involved in the dynamic energy development sector. Sangha Systems is working towards a future where the next generation of energy consuming industrial clients use distributed renewable energy to power their operations. Through the creative re-purposing of legacy industrial assets and a suite of power purchasing strategies, we are building the physical backbone of a future that runs on data. We need a hands-on tactician to execute on our existing construction projects and plan for our growth, pairing electrical, mechanical, and systems engineering with a knowledge of energy procurement strategies. This is an opportunity to implement cutting edge technologies with extensive flexibility and unparalleled opportunity to execute on your ideas.
At our flagship development in Central Illinois, Sangha Systems has created a Tier 0 data center using repurposed industrial strata. The unique facility is entering a growth cycle that will require a dynamic individual to implement the next phase of the build out. This position will involve working with contractors, managing timelines, and quality checking work. The successful candidate will understand how this physical implementation work fits into the context of competitive energy rate procurement strategies. Sangha believes this project can form the foundation of a “Green District” or “Industrial Tomorrowland” as part of the early stages of the Third Industrial Revolution.
This position will involve co-developing company capabilities to match new client placements and the rollout of new facility functionality in addition to the following activities and responsibilities:
- Rapidly identifying and repairing system infrastructure
- Procurement of materials
- Pricing and project managing vendors
- Managing new projects from conception through commissioning
- Identifying and implementing process improvements
- Value engineering
- Internally advising the Sangha Systems team related to technology implementation feasibility
- Measure the effectiveness of all processes (budget, operations, and management, etc.)
- Determine company's strategic growth as part of the executive team
- Coordinate cross-functional initiatives and projects
The work is very applied and will require someone who is looking for a challenge. This person must be a self-starter, fast learner, and natural problem solver to thrive.
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering field, or equivalent experience (3-10 years)
- Organized and transparent
- High flexibility in job functions
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Live or desire to live in the Chicago or New York City area with the expectation of being in Central Illinois 30% - 50% of the time
- Computer engineering
- Network system knowledge
- Electrical system design
- Handy with a wrench
- Some knowledge of construction
- Working knowledge of Autocad or Solidworks
- Project Management
- Working knowledge of energy markets
Interested candidates should send their resume (a link to their LinkedIn profile is acceptable) and a brief cover letter explaining what makes them excited about this opportunity to firstname.lastname@example.org.