About SeMI Technologies & Weaviate
SeMI Technologies is a global remote-first startup, with teams hailing from many different parts of the world, where it is not totally uncommon for someone to work remotely from fun places (like a camping site). While this gives you freedom and flexibility to work from anywhere and any time, we are looking for people who are comfortable working independently, who are proactive and take ownership, and people who communicate effectively.
Our flagship product is Weaviate a Vector Search engine & database, which uses machine learning to organize and search data in a completely new way.
At SeMI we believe that the next wave of software infrastructure is AI-first and that a strong open-source community is a basis for creating high-quality software.
About this role
As a Full-stack Engineer with a front-end focus you will implement pixel-perfect, vibrant, and exciting screens and workflows for Weaviate Cloud Service (WCS), our managed Weaviate offering using industry-standard frameworks and tools. You’ll do testing on all levels (unit, integration, e2e) to ensure high-quality deployments. Since this is not a pure front-end role, you aren’t afraid to think outside of the box and learn more about the exciting full-stack (backend, cloud, operations) topics in the WCS. Lastly, you will deliver value in a fast-paced, agile environment with very short feedback cycles.
In this role you ar part of the WCS team. This team builds SeMI’s managed Weaviate offering. From provisioning to auto-scaling, from monitoring to building vibrant dashboards, and from pricing integration to user administration. It will never get boring with the exciting challenges of offering a state-of-the-art vector database as a service to our users. The atmosphere in the team is friendly, collaborative, and enabling – with a focus on delivering premium-quality software products iteratively.
What we are looking for
- Experience with common Frontend Stacks (e.g. React, Angular, Vue, Svelte…).
- Not afraid to help and learn about backend and cloud technologies as well.
- Top-notch communication skills.
- Positive outlook and lots of energy.
- Nice to have: an interest or experience in machine learning, semantic web, and analytics.
What we offer
- 100% remote with flexible work hours.
- Competitive compensation, including paid time off.
- Budget to spend on your preferences e.g. going to conferences, co-working space.
- You will work at the forefront of search, ML/AI, and cloud-native technologies - and all of it is open source.
- An atmosphere that encourages learning and personal growth, with very experienced and fun team members to learn from.