We’re not just an ecommerce software, Shopify is the best ecommerce platform that has everything you need to sell online, on social media, or in person.
About the role
We are in search of a Director for our Support Experience team, supporting Shopify’s globally distributed team who support our Merchants, Partners and Buyers. This key senior leadership role will be responsible for many aspects of our Support Experience offerings (including Product Support Network, Quality Assurance, Service Design, Support Research, PMO, Self-Service & Localization Content, Support Campaign Management, Event Planning and Business Analytics teams).
You will have a passion for great support, service and product experiences that meet the needs of small & large enterprise merchants as well as ecommerce and retail merchants. This is a hands-on role for a data informed individual who will interact cross functionally with Product & Project Management, RnD, Support Delivery, Marketing, and Commercial teams. This role will report into the Support Organization and will be customer & value centric, resourceful and have a high degree of curiosity with a strong ‘builder’ mindset.
What You’ll Do:
- Create vision and execute Support Experience strategy for end to end customer experience
- Lead the program function, including measurement, governance, administration, reporting, analysis, insights and actions
- Lead customer insights, in partnership with the Analytics team, to increase internal customer centric thinking, tell the story through support experience data analysis and reporting, conduct root cause analysis, and recommend key opportunities for improvement.
- Together with Support Delivery Teams, ensure operational excellence in maintaining the survey instruments and process, reporting, documented and acting as the primary point of contact
- Educate through customer stories, building internal empathy and understanding
- Deliver analysis of customer feedback, journeys and pain points using leading methodologies
- Partner with the various business units that lead the customer journey to create the path to higher retention, merchant success, obtain commitments and build action plans for experience gaps
- Act as an enabler for customer experience activities, delivering best practices, tools and guidance across the organization and work in close collaboration with other executives and internal team partners to identify and prioritize customer experience projects
- Liaise with multiple Product, Data and RnD teams, along with building key strategic relationships with Finance, Operations, Data Science, HR, Recruitment, Knowledge Management, Training, and Support leadership.
- Evaluate and understand SaaS business models and subscription B2B businesses
- Lead a large, internationally distributed and diverse team, with hyper growth rhythm
- Work cross functionality with Product & Commercial teams, Finance, Compliance and other areas of Support, delivering the best possible and most valuable experience to merchants contacting us about complex product features.
- Work with large, growing, remote teams. You care about the people that work with you and are invested in helping them learn and grow.
- Envision new value add services that accelerate the impact for Shopify merchants
You will bring to the table:
- Minimum 8 years of large scale Support Experience & Support Operations experience in leading multi-organizational initiatives, and driving team accountability to achieve impactful goals
- Preferably 5 years of experience as a Director or VP (or equivalent)
- Passionate about business strategy -- You’ve experienced and thrived in similar customer support environments and have a knack for working with business users that are responsible for top-line growth. You are comfortable with driving high-level strategic insights, business planning, and systems/process design
- Track record of designing experiences to suit international teams operating 24/7/365, in multiple languages and multiple channels (email, chat, phone, messaging)
- Experience with strategic planning and optimization of specialized support teams, workforce operations, budgets, growth forecasting, team planning and quarterly financial reviews.
- Excellent customer-centric service philosophy and understanding of the challenges in providing an extraordinary customer experience in a hypergrowth environment.
- Creative problem solver and critical thinking skills with a bias towards action and being a doer.
- Ability to work effectively in a remote and fast-paced environment. Demonstrated ability to develop effective working relationships and excel in a cross-functional environment.
- Experience in B2C and B2B and desired experience with BPOs
- Well-balanced skills -- People have trouble pinning you down. Both business and technical teams claim you as their own. You are equal parts technical and functional (and both are exceptionally strong), and you are equally comfortable and effective at presenting to technical or business leaders.
- A strong sense of urgency around your work, investment in the team, the company, and the ability to hold yourself accountable to the highest standard of excellence.
- Fantastic people leadership experience. You love to lead, coach, and develop others.
- A "we're all in it together" mentality. You love working on a team.
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. We’re looking forward to reading your application.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.