Founded in 2015, Smartcar is the leading developer platform for mobility businesses. We have raised $12 million in Seed and Series A funding from Andreessen Horowitz and NEA. Our headquarters is located in Mountain View, California.
From auto insurance to fleet management, businesses of all kinds use our APIs to verify vehicle mileage, issue digital car keys, manage EV charging, and track fleets. To name a few, the peer-to-peer car sharing marketplace Turo, the auto insurance provider Paydrive, and the electricity provider Krafthem use our platform to build and scale their mobility services.
By making it easy to connect to their customers’ vehicles, Smartcar allows these companies to focus on what’s important: building the future of mobility.
As Smartcar’s Engineering Manager for the Experience Team, you will have the opportunity to lead all user-facing product development at Smartcar.
This is a California-based remote role.
We'd love for you to join us.
- Lead the experience team to build and deliver high quality products and features at scale
- Motivate, grow and develop your team
- Define your team's roadmap and success metrics
- Plan, prioritize and monitor sprints and its progress
- Assist your team technically, when necessary, to unblock them on projects
- Manage communication of engineering progress and priorities to the company
- Scale your team by participating in recruiting efforts
Who You Are
- 2+ years of experience in software development in a production environment
- 2+ years managing an engineering team
- Familiarity with Nodejs, React, Redux, Gatsby, Express JS or equivalent
- Mindset of building for scale
- Strong track record of developing and accelerating your team’s career goals
- Exceptional communication skills
- Foster and maintain a culture of trust and innovation
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Smartcar is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.