Step into a genuine collective of sneaker culture. Learn from industry insiders, access tools to level-up your sneaker collection, and tap into a like-minded community you can trust.
SoleSavy is a VC-backed tech company that is solving challenges within the sneaker space and making it easier for more people to enjoy sneakers. SoleSavy’s mission is to connect and empower those who love sneakers, and to move sneaker culture forward in meaningful ways. We’re building the next generation marketplace, paid community, and media business. We have the resources and appetite to disrupt a multi-billion sneaker industry and are looking for versatile go-getters to help us grow. SoleSavy operates a fully remote team of 25, and we’re looking for our next hire within North America.
We are looking to hire the first Graphic Designer at SoleSavy, to help us create digital content and assets, and help establish and grow the brand. You will be responsible for the execution of visual concepts and design as part of the marketing and content team, working primarily across digital channels. You will also support other organizational needs (invites, collateral, etc) while maintaining SoleSavy’s look and feel. As SoleSavy's first and main graphic designer, you will report to the SVP of Marketing and be responsible for SoleSavy's brand expression and visual direction across channels.
Only accepting applicants in Canada or the US. For consideration, please include links to relevant work samples and/or portfolios in your application.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work with the marketing team to design social & content assets, logos, posters, advertisements, and other brand materials.
- Brainstorm and collaborate with members of the marketing team on visual concepts, campaign ideas, and content ideation.
- Seek understanding of our audience, the SoleSavy brand, the sneaker industry, and other relevant trends and cultures relating to sneakers and design.
- Respond to requests and briefs, determine requirements, collect feedback, and work collaboratively.
- Manage projects, deliverables, and communicate updates.
- Create custom graphics (e.g. wallpapers, backgrounds, infographics) and provide support for events (e.g. invitations, signage).
- Work with copywriters and marketing team to iterate and solve challenges.
- Help oversee brand consistency across channels, including usage of logos, color palette, typography, photography, illustration, and iconography are consistent with brand identity guidelines.
- Work closely with Senior Product Designer to ensure brand + interactive design elements are consistent across channels and/or touchpoints.
- Work with photographers and community members to edit photos for social content.
Knowledge, skills, abilities:
- Motivated and highly organized, able to prioritize and multitask under the pressure of deadlines.
- Strong understanding of graphic design principles, methods, current trends, and practices, as well as all phases of design, production, and delivery for digital and print materials.
- A fundamental understanding of typography, photography, and layout for print and web.
- Knowledge of production for digital (web & email) and social assets, including best practices across resolution, sizes, and file types.
- Ability to ensure consistent branding standards.
- Ability to influence design direction, and work collaboratively to solve graphic challenges and opportunities.
- Excellent grammatical, spelling, proofreading abilities.
- Able to come up with original ideas for designs, as well as integrate ideas from others.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with a team.
- A minimum of three to five (3-5) years working in graphic design
- A strong portfolio of graphic design work
- Occasional flexibility on working hours to create assets for breaking news or social moments
- Expertise in software & tools, including Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, After Effects), and other tools
- Strong sense of aesthetic and eye for detail
- Experience in photo editing, mockups, developing concepts, and presentation design
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Ability to meet deadlines, and manage projects
Not required, but preferred
- Knowledge of sneakers + sneaker culture
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree in design, arts, or a related field
- Knowledge of motion and video (After Effects, Premiere Pro, Final Cut, etc.)
- Knowledge of Figma, Canva, and other emerging design tools and software