On Spotify's apps, music can be browsed or searched for via various parameters, such as artist, album, genre, playlist, or record label. Users can create, edit and share playlists, share tracks on social media, and make playlists with other users. Spotify provides access to over 35 million songs.
Spotify is seeking a Business Affairs team member, based in the Los Angeles office, to support our live audio business (primarily) and, if/to the extent needed, our other content businesses. The Manager’s primary focus will be to evaluate, structure, negotiate, and execute licensing, production, partnership, host/talent and other deals for our live audio platform (and potentially other content) and partner closely with our creative, partnership, marketing, advertising, finance, legal, and strategy/insights teams (among others) in such endeavors. The Manager will play a vital role in delivering on Spotify’s strategy across live audio programming, lead all aspects of specialist deal-making, collaborate with key external and internal stakeholders, and contribute toward the successful finalization of content agreements.
What You'll Do:
- You will structure and negotiate content development, production, licensing, partnership, talent, and similar types of deals with a focus on live audio content, among others.
- You will collaborate with various Spotify content and business teams on content strategy, financial analyses, product, initiatives, and other experiences crafted to evolve and grow Spotify’s content offerings.
- You will work closely with internal teams including Creative, New Content Initiatives, Partnerships, Finance, Strategy and Insights, Ad Sales, Marketing, and Legal.
- You will maintain awareness of recent developments in the law, technology, and industry as they relate to our live and content businesses.
Who You Are:
- You have received your BS/BA (JD is a plus) and have 5+ years of content/digital media/entertainment industry business affairs experience (particularly with respect to live/interactive platforms/formats), structuring and negotiating high-value talent, production, and licensing deals.
- You have experience collaborating closely with rights holders/service providers (including creators, production companies, and other talent) and their representatives (talent agencies, lawyers, and managers), with focus in the live audio/video space.
- You have technical expertise with legal and business issues relating to the development, production, and distribution of audio or audiovisual content.
- You are highly self-motivated and thrive in high-growth, high-paced, complex, and innovative business environments.
- You have excellent communication, persuasion, and interpersonal skills and work well in business environments with multiple partners. You are a relationship, and team-builder.
- You are able to handle a significant volume of output in support of Spotify’s live audio (and potentially other content) business and manage and deliver on multiple projects and priorities under deadlines and time pressures.
- You are highly adaptable and open to growth and/or shifts in your role as the business grows and changes.
- You are organized and have phenomenal attention to detail, while being able to see the forest through the trees.
- You have a business/strategy-oriented mindset.
- You are willing to work across different time zones if/as needed.
- You are ideally proficient with the Google Suite.
Where You'll Be:
- We’ve introduced Work From Anywhere to give you more options!
- Our offices are currently closed due to COVID-19. Post COVID, while we will ask you to pop into the office from time to time, we are giving you the flexibility to work from home should you choose to do so.
- Working hours? We operate within the local (PST) timezone for collaboration