On Spotify's apps, music can be browsed or searched for via various parameters, such as artist, album, genre, playlist, or record label. Users can create, edit and share playlists, share tracks on social media, and make playlists with other users. Spotify provides access to over 35 million songs.
This role demands a mastery of the audio and podcasting medium, a creative spirit, as well as a well-organized mind for juggling and delivering on multiple initiatives.
You must be able to take a whisper of an idea and work with our creative partners to help grow it into a story. That means turning brainstorms and big picture ideas into larger narrative arcs, music choices, compelling stories and podcast episodes.
In this role, you will lead the production of individual episodes. This includes a wide range of responsibilities, including: handling schedules and deadlines, field and studio reporting, booking and coordinating talent, producing key interviews, thinking through story arcs, and working through and organizing tape, as well as seeing each produced segment all the way through delivery of the final episode.
What you'll do
- Handle day-to-day production tasks, including (but not limited to):
- Set deadlines, clearly communicate those deadlines and keep the team on track
- Work with and manage both internal and external talent, executives, guests and hosts
- Pitch episode ideas, and handle all pre-interview, interview, reporting, recording, and writing of stories and scripts
- Get episodes prepped for editors before the edit, and then work with editors to deliver episodes in good shape (from preliminary structure with a script, to stringing out a rough and fine edits, to scoring and delivery)
- Select tape, pitch angles on stories, participate in and at times run group edits
- Work alongside multiple internal partners, stakeholders, executives, external partners and outside agencies
- Perpetually remain up-to-speed on the latest news in the entertainment, technology and podcasting space
- Work closely with internal data resources to deeply understand consumer behavior and find opportunities to capitalize on that information
Who you are
- You have at least 5+ years of experience making audio stories, ideally in a radio, podcasting, and/or editorial space
- Strong ability to structure a compelling and unique audio story, both editorially and technically (ProTools experience required)
- Experience working on a tight production schedule and translating ideas into action, with the ability to manage your own time, stakeholders and accountabilities in a collaborative, fast-paced environment
- Experience and familiarity conducting interviews on a wide-variety of talent and topics
- You understand the mechanics of audio production fully
- Preference for working with a highly collaborative team
- Strong ability to keep open lines of communication on a team
- A knack for delivering clear, conscientious feedback on both stories and performance
- Creative and motivated self-starter with a hands-on attitude and tireless work ethic
- A deep love for podcasts, entertainment, music and technology
- Excellent writing, organizational and presentation skills
- Express a consistent, credible editorial voice for Spotify throughout all outputs
- Of course, a proud representative of the Spotify brand!
Where you'll be
- You will be based in New York.