Position: Communications Coordinator
Reports to: Pastor
Full Time Position
The Communications Coordinator will have responsibility for creating and delivering the parish’s comprehensive communications strategy. This position works to facilitate all parish-wide communications, working with the support of the professional staff, committees, and parishioner groups. The Communications Coordinator will promote programs and events to the parish and the wider community through various communications channels. The Communication Coordinator is the essential component to maintain, expand and promote the parish mission of Worshipping God, Serving Others and Making Disciples.
The following specific responsibilities are representative of duties required in this position. They may be unilaterally, but reasonably changed based on the working environment and parish needs.
• Collaborate with professional staff and ministry leads on communication of programs, projects, and outreach to support the vision of the Parish Community of Saint Helen
• Advise professional staff and church ministers on best communication and marketing practices.
• Develop and manage a comprehensive communications and marketing plan for the parish, including, but not limited to, all print and electronic materials.
• Manage website and all social media channels to create an engaging experience while maintaining the church’s voice and brand.
• Audit website and social media channels throughout the year for effectiveness and messaging.
• Explore other social media channels that may broaden the outreach and mission of the parish.
• Create, edit, publish, and share consistent, relevant content.
• Demonstrate continuous improvement by analyzing the social data/metrics, best practices and then acting on the information.
• Moderate all user-generated content online and publication.
• Oversee the parish database so that the parish can communicate to different segments of the parish population in different ways.
• Keep up to date with new features of the parish database and work with parish staff to implement changes.
• Report regularly on communication activities, engagement levels and progress.
• Oversee and manage communications budget.
• Participate in meetings.
• Knowledge of marketing concepts, terms, and strategies.
• Outstanding organization and communication skills.
• Excellent grammar, spelling, proof reading and verbal skills.
• Ability to work efficiently in a team environment and with volunteer ministers.
• Social networking experience and knowledge in social analytics tools.
• Experience in social media advertising.
• Collaborative, flexible goal-driven personality.
• Strong project management skills, detailed and organized.
• A commitment to the Catholic Church and growing Missionary Disciples.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree required in marketing, public relations, or a related field.
• Minimum of 2 years of relative work experience with a record of accomplishment.
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply for the Communication Coordinator position:
Please submit all information to Employment@sainthelen.org.
- Cover letter including salary requirements. In the cover letter please answer these two questions:
• What excites you about working for the Parish Community of Saint Helen?
• Provide three suggestions you would make to advance the social media presence of the Parish Community of Saint Helen