Position: Finance Assistant
Reports To: Business Manager
Part Time Position (15 hours a week)
The Finance Assistant provides financial services to church members and professional church staff.
The following specific responsibilities are representative of duties required in this position. They may be unilaterally but reasonably changed based on the working environment and parish needs.
• Prepare annual giving statements and letters acknowledging gifts throughout the year.
• Deposit weekly contributions, event payment and other payments to the operating fund, building fund, special funds, or donor designated funds.
• Record donations to individual records in the parish database
• Enter all invoices submitted for payment for the organization and prepare payments for mailing.
• Record financial transactions in QuickBooks including online giving
• Assist the Business Manager with parish on-line giving and banking
• Attend scheduled staff meetings and other meetings
• Other duties as assigned
• A commitment to confidentiality regarding all account records, of both church and staff, and parishioners.
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office 365.
• Advanced proficiency in QuickBooks
• Ability to work with databases
• Strong technical, planning, and organizational skills.
• Ability to evaluate data and prepare clear and concise reports
• Ability to work with minimal supervision and to cooperate and work easily with others
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in written form
• Ability to adapt and change as initiatives are proposed and implemented
• Strong organizational skills
• A commitment to the Catholic Church and growing Missionary Disciples.
Education and/or Experience
• Accounting degree is required
• Minimum 5 years related work experience
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply for the Finance Assistant position:
Please submit all information to Employment@sainthelen.org.
- Cover letter