At StuDocu we believe in one thing: setting knowledge free will help humanity to overcome its greatest challenges. StuDocu is the world’s leading community for university students: every month we help more than 15 million university students to get smarter, faster. After rapid and profitable growth in the Netherlands (under the StudeerSnel.nl brand) we are now taking the rest of the world by storm. Because of this rapid growth we are looking for an experienced recruiter to help us scale our team!
Who we are
At StuDocu we believe in one thing: setting knowledge free will help humanity to overcome its greatest challenges. StuDocu is the world’s leading community for university students: every month we help more than 15 million university students to get smarter, faster. After rapid and profitable growth in the Netherlands (under the StudeerSnel.nl brand) we are now taking the rest of the world by storm.
The reason why we’re so popular? Our product solves some of the biggest problems students all around the world experience, such as accessing their study materials anytime, anywhere, and sharing them with their fellow students. Word of mouth and tremendous organic growth do the rest.
What we're looking for:
The team is now expanding at an insane speed, and we need your support to cope with our growth. As our in-house Tech Recruiter, you partner closely with our CTO and our leadership team in building our Engineering (75% of your time) and Business (25% of your time) teams. If you are a self-starter, a great advocate, result-focused, and have an innovative and entrepreneurial mindset, then you will be a great fit at StuDocu!
What you’ll be doing:
- Collaborating with CTO, COO, People Ops & Hiring Managers throughout our staffing process; identifying headcount to establish strong pipelines towards meeting hiring demand;
- Cultivating different sources of talent and developing high-quality pipelines.
- Identifying unique, innovative sources for finding candidates;
- Developing leading-edge methods/branding to attract top talent;
- Building and maintaining a network of potential candidates through proactive market research and on-going relationship management;
- Conducting interviews, and moderating post-interview debriefs, anticipating hiring manager preferences through high interview-to-offer ratios;
- Driving effective hiring processes, assessing and improving current staffing processes, owning the candidate experience through interview, decision, offer, and closing;
- Showcasing your passion for the EdTech industry and StuDocu in particular;
- Collaborating and/or leading recruiting projects/initiatives including assessment of best practices.
Why you are going to love it here:
- You will be at the forefront of assembling the team behind a product that aids millions of students worldwide to excel at their studies. StuDocu is set to become an industry leader in the EdTech space;
- You will learn every day, interacting with a great international team of talented and ambitious people. You will have a huge impact and a clear footprint;
- We are based in a nice and bright office in the heart of Amsterdam with a large garden, right beside the canals. Our office vibe is awesome, and our chef makes amazing lunches every day.*
- We work hard to make the world a better place and we celebrate success. Last year with a company ski trip in the Alps!
- 4+ years experience in recruiting (in-house experience is a plus), with a strong local market sourcing experience ;
- Strong technical sourcing expertise - functional knowledge & tech acumen: the role requires you to be very hands-on in sourcing through various social & professional networking channels. (~ 75% Tech Sourcing + 25% other roles);
- Attention to detail, self-driven & naturally curious;
- Active participation in building a positive team environment;
- Effective strategic thinking and problem solving;
- Successful project management abilities, delivering on high-priority projects.
*During these COVID-19 times, our interviews are all happening via video calls. Hopefully, you'll get to see the office soon, but in the meantime, check out @studocu on Instagram to get an idea of what a great space it is!