The RealReal’s Creative department is seeking a skilled Senior Writer to join our team. Reporting to the Director of Copy, this Senior Writer will craft quick and clever copy and develop storytelling to support The RealReal’s unique brand narrative. The perfect candidate for this role has roots in fashion and can easily go from writing compelling longform copy to quick, clever hooks for 360 campaigns, social, and site. We’re on a mission to extend the life cycle of luxury, and we’re excited about you if you share our values of sustainability, expertise, and community. Ready to join our team?
*** This position can be located in San Francisco, CA // New York, NY // Los Angeles, CA or can be fully remote anywhere in the U.S. ***
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Aid in the creation of cohesive, on-brief copy for 360 brand campaigns including concepting, tagline development, and cross-channel messaging
- Develop trend-savvy copy for seasonal editorial initiatives and bring them to life across retail, social, and digital
- Contribute to The RealReal blog, RealStyle as needed
- Aid in content development and copy execution for organic and paid social
- Participate in branding exercises, aiding in concept development and execution
- Manage multiple deadlines and priorities without excess oversight, taking the initiative to find answers and remove roadblocks to completion of work
- Complete multiple quick-turn copy requests from various cross-functional partners while still delivering high-quality work
What You Bring To The Role
- Minimum 4+ years experience in a copywriting role at a major fashion or lifestyle brand
- Strong knowledge of the fashion industry and current trends
- Experience writing to an established brand voice
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines and stakeholders
- Experience writing to a campaign brief from concept to execution across multiple channels
- Interest in trending language and terms across social and emerging media platforms (Instagram, TikTok, Reddit)
- Ability to self copy edit when needed without an on-staff proofreader
- A passion for growing the circular economy and sharing TRR’s mission with our audience
GHR5324 #LI-JF15 #LI-Hybrid
The RealReal is the world’s largest online marketplace for authenticated, resale luxury goods, with more than 20 million members. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe and reliable platform for consumers to buy and sell their luxury items. We have hundreds of in-house gemologists, horologists and brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by thousands of brands across numerous categories—including women's and men's fashion, fine jewelry and watches, art and home—in support of the circular economy. We make selling effortless with free virtual appointments, in-home pickup, drop-off and direct shipping. We do all of the work for consignors, including authenticating, using AI and machine learning to determine optimal pricing, photographing and listing their items, as well as handling shipping and customer service. At our 13 retail locations, including our eight shoppable stores, customers can sell, meet with our experts and receive free valuations.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.