The Walt Disney Company, commonly known as Disney is an American diversified multinational mass media and entertainment conglomerate, headquartered at the Walt Disney Studios in Burbank, California. It is the world's second-largest media conglomerate in terms of revenue, after Comcast. Disney was founded on October 16, 1923 – by brothers Walt Disney and Roy O. Disney – as the Disney Brothers Cartoon Studio, and established itself as a powerhouse in the American animation industry before diversifying into live-action film production, television, and theme parks. The company also operated under the names The Walt Disney Studio and then Walt Disney Productions. Taking on its current name in 1986, it expanded its existing operations and also started divisions focused upon the theater, radio, music, publishing and online media.
The Vice President, Executive Creative and Strategy will provide hands-on leadership for the ideation, creative development and execution of the Global Marketing initiatives for the Disney Parks, Experiences, and Products segment. The Vice President will lead a 70+ member bi-coastal team of creative cast members at Yellow Shoes, our domestic in-house creative agency. The role will also lead all external creative agencies and partners in the creative development and execution process domestically.
Every day we get the opportunity to create compelling and impactful creative platforms, content and experiences for one of the most beloved brands on the planet. ‘What If?’ thinking is at the heart of all of our creative solutions. Come be part of a team that believes Innovation, Creativity, Collaboration, Consumer Centricity, Diversity and Inclusion drive meaningful business results and make the world a more magical place.
The Vice President will support the Marketing leaders internationally by working collaboratively with the local teams and their ad agencies to provide creative and strategic brand support in the development process and creative support in execution. The role will collaborate with other Global Marketing leaders such as Customer Engagement, Franchise Strategy, Consumer Insights, as well as Marketing Strategy partners and Walt Disney Imagineering, This role reports to the SVP, Creative – Marketing, Design and Content and will have high visibility both within the Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment and The Walt Disney Company.
- Lead and coach a internal 70+ member creative team
- in ideation, creative and strategic development and executional process.
- Regularly assess workload, workflow, and project priorities while also strengthening cast performance.
- Provide creative and strategic leadership and vision from concept to delivery for the Global Marketing organization.
- Embrace an integrated media approach and understand how big organizing ideas work across current and emerging media platforms including but not limited to big campaigns, broadcast, branding and digital.
- Foster an engaging, inspiring, ‘what if’ environment leading to the development and execution of stellar impactful, creative solutions, grounded in consumer insights. This individual must have a passion for ideation and a high standard for creative excellence, strategic acumen and overall design asthetics.
- Represent the global creative delivery team as a senior creative officer to clients, management and industry.
- Develop strong relationships with senior leadership to ensure agency is effective and delivering creative solutions that address their biggest business priorities and challenges. Seek feedback and stretch the agency to deliver excellent work that is on-strategy, on time, and on-budget.
- Build and manage external agency relationships to deliver creative content domestically and internationally.
- Partner and effectively collaborate with all internal and external partners including but not limited to: operations, legal, human resources, and finance.
- Conduct creative evaluations of new online and travel industry partners to build a diverse talent pipeline of fresh creative talent to support future demand.
- Champion Diversity and Inclusion inviting diverse perspectives, encouraging an inclusive work environment and supporting workforce diversity.
- Minimum of 15 years of progressive experience in the Marketing/Creative field and agency experience required
- Leadership track record required to lead creative, creative strategy, digital, design and multidisciplinary teams
- Experience leading large, high performance teams
- Bachelor of Fine Arts or equivalent education and experience. Background/acumen in Strategic Planning a plus
- International experience and ability to adapt to different cultures required
- Proven track record in creative development of integrated advertising, design and branding campaigns across all consumer touchpoints. Experience in the retail vertical, a plus.
- Proven track record in producing both notable creative work and business results
- A strong portfolio required
- Must possess current knowledge of the latest trends, styles, technologies and forward facing consumer behavior and cultural context and proactively transfer knowledge and learnings to the broader team
- Hands on ability to lead the creative process in both writing and/or art direction through the production process
- Hands-on ability to guide teams strategically, with a firm understanding of consumer insights/behavior, planning and brief development
- Must have a passion for the Disney brand. Optimism and positivity required.
- An advocate and champion for Diversity and Inclusion
- Possess a deep knowledge of consumer behavior in order to drive the organizational vision to achieve new markets and to expand consumer bookings and presence both domestically and internationally
- Proven ability to service clients with varying business and production needs through strong partnership and communication, as well as be able to communicate and integrate well with Production, Technology, Operations and Creative resources
- Demonstrated experence delivering best-in-class creative solutions with agility and speed to market
- Demonstrated ability to inspire and drive enthusiasm and teamwork with a commitment to excellence
- Ability to communicate effectively to senior leadership in both business and creative roles
- Demonstrated exceptional critical thinking, strategic planning and process management skills
- Excellent presentation and group dynamic skills
- Demonstrated excellence in client/partner relationship management skills
- Domestic and International travel required
Position based in Glendale, CA