The Org is a professional community where you can explore any company's organizational chart. Our mission is to make organizations more transparent and we want to create a platform where you can go behind the scenes of every company in the world. The org chart is just the beginning. We're backed by some of the world's leading investors including Tiger Global, Sequoia Capital, Founders Fund, and Balderton, and we just raised a $20M Series B in September 2021!
What you’ll do
Reporting directly to the Director of Revenue Growth, this role will support the growth of existing revenue streams and the development of new revenue streams.
The Org captures millions of unique data points from our many users finding value in our product. At its core the product is free of use, however, there is an abundance of opportunities to create paid products leveraging the core platform. This role will play a key part in supporting the Director of Business Development and VP of Revenue in the identification of potential new revenue streams e.g. through user research including interviews and data analysis.
This role will also support the growth of The Org’s only current commercial product, Scout. An example of such growth support includes the development of strategic partnerships with Venture Funds and other high value sales channels. Furthermore, the role will work closely with the sales and execution teams to identify opportunities to improve and adapt the Scout service.
This is a unique opportunity for a high-performing recent graduate to participate very actively in accelerating the already high growth of a fast growing startup. While we currently have just one revenue-generating offering, we have big plans for creating a diverse suite of revenue streams, and you will play a key part in this.
The ideal candidate is someone who enjoys finding patterns in data as much as they enjoy speaking with people, and wants to learn how to apply these skills to business growth. This role will have immediate and impactful exposure to leadership across product, sales, data analytics, and growth.
What you’ll do:
- Conduct interviews to identify business growth and monetization opportunities, including:
- Reach out to current users of the core platform: This includes identifying creative ways to engage with users
- Cold outreach: This includes reaching out to leads that we have identified as potential users of paid products
- Analysis: Analyze and synthesize findings from the interview data into actionable learnings
- Support the Director of Business Development in building and maintaining relationships with strategic partners such as venture capital and consulting firms, including:
- Identifying key potential partners via various forms of research
- Running outreach campaigns to engage the potential partners
- Partner closely with the Product team to relay findings in the business development process and aid in early stages of product ideation and go to market, including:
- Supporting Product with data analysis to help identify key trends in the data
- Work closely with Sales to identify gaps in the sales funnel to improve metrics and conversions
- Work with the Scout team to identify product development opportunities
We are a company of highly proactive individuals, and this candidate will hustle to make things happen. You ideally have internship experience from a top tier strategy consulting firm, venture capital firm, or a high-growth technology company. You are passionate about data, but you are also comfortable and excited by communicating with external parties; the best data we can get in this role comes from speaking directly with potential users. But most of all, you want to learn from an eclectic, high energy team how to build software solutions from ideation to commercialization.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- A growth mindset, constantly thinking about new ways to generate business
- Experience working with large data sets
- Demonstrable experience managing relationships in high speed environments
- Confidence to bring own ideas to the table in a compelling manner that gains commitment from others
- Team-player with a ‘no task too small’ attitude; imbibes our company culture of “do the dishes” and thrives in a changing environment
- Some knowledge of SQL or similar is a plus, but not required
What we can offer:
- Competitive salary and equity package
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Unlimited paid vacation
- Commuter benefits
- Trendy new office in Soho, Manhattan
- Fully stocked kitchen with drinks and snacks
- International travel opportunities
- Awesome colleagues
If you want to hear more about our company and you're excited about the opportunity, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and let's chat!
We do not consider applicants who exclusively want to work remotely.