The Org is on a mission to make organizations more transparent. We’re striving to be the source of truth for organizational information and help organizations collaborate better internally and externally. Org charts are just the beginning! We envision a world where the Org becomes the infrastructure that enables the future of work. We’re backed by some of the world’s leading investors, including Sequoia, Founders Fund, and Balderton.
The Business Operations function at the Org is responsible for helping the company operate effectively and efficiently as we continue to scale. We help build and optimize operational processes for the company, participate in strategic planning and incubate new functions that could eventually get spun out (e.g., customer support, legal, etc.). As a business operations manager, you will be tackling high impact, cross-functional operational projects that address the most important operational issues that we face as a company.
Specifically, you will:
- Initiate, scope, and drive high priority, cross-functional operational projects to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of our internal operations
- Design and optimize business processes to help various teams scale, define, and execute on monthly goals
- Help business teams define and track their key performance indicators
- Support the company’s OKR Process, establish processes and reviews to support decision making and prioritization
- Drive the evaluation and enablement of software tools that will be leveraged across the company
- Help incubate new functions that will become necessary as the company continues to scale
- Run our CRM (HubSpot) and external communications work stream
We are looking for someone who is passionate about their work and detail-oriented and analytical with excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills. A successful candidate will be a self-starter, excel at finding solutions to difficult problems, have excellent project management skills, and be able to communicate complex analyses in a clear and easy-to-understand manner.
Specifically, we are looking for a candidate who has most of the following qualifications/qualities:
- 3+ years of experience in a fast-paced work environment
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Savvy utilizing various software systems, including CRM tools
- Demonstrated ability to manage and execute on cross-functional projects
- Demonstrated ability to work through ambiguity
- Experience using data to analyze performance and drive decision making
- A hustler’s instinct, someone who isn’t afraid to get in the weeds of the business and get things done
- A growth mindset, someone who is constantly trying to improve and doesn’t get too comfortable
- Passionate about efficiency, optimization, and organization
What we can offer:
- Competitive salary and equity package
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Unlimited paid vacation
- Commuter benefits
- Penthouse office in Soho, Manhattan with a private outdoor terrace
- Fully stocked kitchen with drinks and snacks
- International travel opportunities
Do the dishes: We value people that put the team first and do whatever is necessary regardless of your seniority or what your job description says. Sometimes that might mean you literally need to do the dishes.
Go for it!: We value people that take initiative and execute on their ideas. We take ownership and passionately seize opportunities to create, to learn, and to grow. We run towards a problem, rather than away from it, and fail fast and learn from our mistakes.
Be a contrarian: We dare to go against popular beliefs and seek out principle-first solutions over incremental progress. We aim to find the best solution, not the obvious one or the one that’s been found by others before.
Hygge: A Danish word meaning “cozy”, “belonging” or “togetherness”, representing the way we treat our office community. We value diversity and seek out people who want to join the “hygge”.
Transparency starts here: We’re on a mission to make organizations more transparent. We lead by example, and operate honestly and transparently, to show the world the value of transparency in business.
If you have any questions about the role or the company, feel free to reach out to the hiring manager at email@example.com.
Curious to see who you will be working with? Meet the team right here: https://theorg.com/org/theorg
Check out our public Notion page to learn more about the Org: https://theorg.notion.site/The-Org-0e6b5366feb7425388eec11afac11fea
Applicants must be based in New York (or within a reasonable distance). We do not consider applicants who want to exclusively work remotely.