The Chief Evangelist will build and lead a worldwide community of people and teams who believe in transparency as the future of work.
The Org is a professional community where you can explore any company's organizational chart. We help organizations use transparency to get more customers and attract better talent. The public org chart is just the beginning. We're backed by some of the world's leading investors including Sequoia, Founders Fund, and Balderton.
The growth team is located in New York City in a sunlit penthouse in central Soho. The Chief Evangelist will work directly with our VP of Growth to build and lead a worldwide community of people and teams who believe in transparency as the future of work.
We’re hiring for a Chief Evangelist with several things in mind
- Our goal is to be inclusive in this search, truly welcoming people from different backgrounds and perspectives into the process.
- The job title is Chief Evangelist but this shouldn’t limit how you perceive the opportunity. Your goal is to evangelize transparency as a new fundamental of business success and help establish a voice for the The Org brand.
- We want someone with gravitas. You should have strong conviction in what we’re building. You will likely become a face of The Org. This should excite you.
- Outgoing and magnetic. You’ll reach out to anyone. You also find yourself hosting the conversation more often than listening.
- Community builder. You flourish at the center of any community. You enjoy connecting people, helping them, and pursuing excellence together. You’ve successfully done this online for personal or work reasons.
- Ambitious. You are eager to make an impact at The Org. You enjoy in a fast-moving, dynamic, hyper-growth environment.
- Passionate about transparency. You know deep down that transparency is good for business, diversity, equality, and the world at large.
- A storyteller. You have deep empathy for users and are able to adapt how you communicate to best reach and engage your audience. You have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Active on social media and the internet in general. You thrive online and eagerly spend the majority of your time there.
In this role you will
- Create buzz and a movement around transparency as the future of work. Increase following, engagement, and enthusiasm for The Org and transparency online.
- Bring The Org brand to life – give it a soul and a voice.
- Build a community of early adopters of transparency. You’ll wield this community to make transparency cool and critical for any aspirational organization.
- Measure awareness and perception of the transparency movement. You’ll help us collect and act on data and feedback to inform future initiatives.
Career Growth at The Org
Successful Org members are rigorous thinkers. You speak your mind and passionately defend your opinion. We want people who are unafraid to be wrong, enthusiastically change their minds, and who support decisions with numbers and narrative.
We’re tiny relative to the opportunity and have a staggering amount of work ahead. That means you could have an unprecedented impact in defining the future of business while doing the most important work of your career.
Who We Are
We are a diverse and international team of 25 stationed in offices in New York City and Copenhagen with distributed members in Singapore, Helsinki, Bangalore, Bogota, and Milan. We want to meet you no matter where you’re from! This particular position sits in our Soho office in New York City.
Do the dishes - We pitch in and volunteer to do whatever is necessary regardless of our seniority or what our job description says. Sometimes we literally need to do the dishes.
Crank the things - We value people that take initiative and execute on their ideas. Take risks, fail fast, and keep learning. Don’t overthink the solution.
Hygge - A Danish word meaning “cozy” or “belonging” representing our team community. We take care of our people and want to build a deep bond with our colleagues.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and equity package
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Unlimited paid vacation
- Commuter benefits
- Penthouse office in Soho, Manhattan with a private outdoor terrace
- Fully stocked kitchen with drinks and snacks
- International travel opportunities
Curious to see who who you will be working with? Meet the team right here: https://theorg.com/org/theorg
We want to meet a broad set of candidates and run an inclusive process. If something here prompts a question or concern for you, please contact us at email@example.com to share your feedback. Thanks for your interest in joining The Org team!
If you have any questions about the role, you can email the hiring manager at Dylan@theorg.com