We're looking for a Community Manager to join our team in New York City. Join us in our mission to make organizations more transparent!
As a Community Manager you will be an early member of The Org’s People and Culture team and will be able to shape a rapidly growing early stage start-up that is all about relationships. Our public database of org charts shows the relationships between people in great teams. This benefits applicants, co-workers and allows for cross company collaboration.
We are all about the people and you will be instrumental in the success of the company by creating an environment that brings out the best in our people and makes them never want to leave! This ranges from office management to culture building social events. The first projects will be to help organize our forthcoming offsite where we fly the entire team to Norway. You will work closely with our Danish community manager in matters related to social engagement as well as with the rest of People and Culture regarding onboarding and over all employee experience.
What you’ll do:
- Run the office and own relationships with landlord and vendors (e.g., cleaning, plants, food delivery etc.)
- Ensure a clean office that is fully stocked on snacks, beverages etc.
- Greet visitors and be a resource for employees on matters regarding employee experience.
- Initiate and execute local social activities and happy hours
- Assist in global social activities: Monthly “Virtual Fun!” and Yearly offsite
- Coordinate and host when our Danish colleagues come visiting NYC
- Play a significant role in onboarding new colleagues
- Find ways to show off our community for employer branding and talent attraction
- Ad hoc assistance with other People and Culture tasks related to e.g., Onboarding, Talent Acquisition and general HR processes.
- Be in-person in our office minimum 4 days a week
Our ideal candidate is radiant and a people person. Your smile and energy is contagious, and you get your energy from talking to people. You are passionate about community building and are not afraid to get your hands dirty or going the extra mile for a luxury hotel concierge style experience for our employees.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 2 to 4 years of community building experience, experience from People and Culture teams or from high end hospitality
- Attention to detail, ability to prioritize and successfully meet deadlines
- Effective communicator
- Strong service skills – desire to deliver white glove experience
- Proactive multitasker
- Confidence to bring own ideas to the table and interest in trying out new things
- Team player who is willing to do what it takes
Bonus point for:
- Outstanding professional references to share
- Time spent at a venture-backed startup during hypergrowth
- Relentlessly positive attitude, strong sense of humor, and the ability to have fun at work!
Do the dishes
We value people that put the team first and do whatever is necessary regardless of your seniority or what your job description says. Sometimes that might mean you literally need to do the dishes
Go for it!
We value people that take initiative and execute on their ideas. We take ownership and passionately seize opportunities to create, to learn, and to grow. We run towards a problem, rather than away from it, and fail fast and learn from our mistakes.
Be a contrarian
We dare to go against popular beliefs and seek out principle-first solutions over incremental progress. We aim to find the best solution, not the obvious one or the one that’s been found by others before.
A Danish word meaning “cozy”, “belonging” or “togetherness”, representing the way we treat our office community. We value diversity and seek out people who want to join the “hygge”.
Transparency starts here
We’re on a mission to make organizations more transparent. We lead by example, and operate honestly and transparently, to show the world the value of transparency in business
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and equity package
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Unlimited paid vacation
- Commuter benefits
- Penthouse office in Soho, Manhattan with a private outdoor terrace
- Fully stocked kitchen with drinks and snacks
- International travel opportunities
We want to meet a broad set of candidates and run an inclusive process. If something here prompts a question or concern for you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to share your feedback. Thanks for your interest in joining The Org team!
If you have any questions about the role, you can email the hiring manager at email@example.com
We do not consider remote-only applications.