The Org is a professional community where you can explore any company's organizational chart. Our mission is to make organizations more transparent and help companies show off their teams and attract new talent. We want to create a platform where you can go behind the scenes of every company in the world. The org chart is just the beginning. We’re backed by some of the world’s leading investors including Founders Fund, Sequoia and Balderton.
As Content Marketing Manager, you will be an early member of our New York City-based Marketing Team. This is a brand new role on the team that will be responsible for planning and implementing our company-wide content marketing strategy, and as such will have an immediate and direct impact on key company-level growth metrics. Synthesizing our content channels, this position will own content strategy on both supply (B2B demand gen) and demand (B2C branding and acquisition) sides of the business.
This is a unique role where you will be on the frontlines of our business and have an immediate impact on growth as well as great career development opportunities. This is the first content marketing hire and the role will have opportunity for growth, mentorship and key strategic input at the company level. In short: this role will not only ideate but also execute on a plan for converting, engaging, thought-provoking content about the future of work.
As Content Marketing Manager, you’ll
- Define and lead The Org’s content strategy. Define how we address our target audience with that content in order to maximize engagement, as well as signups.
- Significantly scale our always-on content initiatives - primarily through written editorial - that deliver against KPIs such as conversion rate, engagement, etc.
- Own the company-wide content calendar, including scheduling, publishing, distribution and tracking success and areas of improvement
- Managing a group of writers, assign articles, edit and supervise all content work to deliver quality content as depicted in the content calendar
- Work closely with our SEO team to research, devise and implement high-performing search driven content to drive increased monthly site traffic
- Setup our demand generation content flow, including a gated content plan, landing pages as well as recommendations for CRM
- Write your own inspiring thought leadership content that will be featured on our platform about the future of work
We are seeking someone who brings a wealth of experience writing and running content marketing initiatives, who is excited to take on a challenge at the ground-level of a high growth company aiming to redefine the future of work. You should have experience and be excited about devising content marketing strategies, writing and editing great articles. You should be curious about the future of work and how companies and peoples’ relationships to them are changing.
- 4+ years of marketing experience in high growth startups or fast-moving companies, with a content portfolio you are proud of
- Motivation to create content marketing hits. The right piece can 100x the traffic. You’ve done this before.
- Experienced editor having managed writers and their content calendars in previous roles
- Expertise in crafting marketing personas and targeting them with personalized content
- Strong familiarity with B2C content initiatives (with B2B experience is a plus!)
- Comprehensive knowledge of SEO optimization
#Do the dishes
We value people that put the team first and do whatever is necessary regardless of your seniority or what your job description says. Sometimes that might mean you literally need to do the dishes
#Go for it!
We value people that take initiative and execute on their ideas. We take ownership and passionately seize opportunities to create, to learn, and to grow. We run towards a problem, rather than away from it, and fail fast and learn from our mistakes.
#Be a contrarian
We dare to go against popular beliefs and seek out principle-first solutions over incremental progress. We aim to find the best solution, not the obvious one or the one that’s been found by others before.
A Danish word meaning “cozy”, “belonging” or “togetherness”, representing the way we treat our office community. We value diversity and seek out people who want to join the “hygge”.
#Transparency starts here
We’re on a mission to make organizations more transparent. We lead by example, and operate honestly and transparently, to show the world the value of transparency in business
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and equity package
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Unlimited paid vacation
- Commuter benefits
- Penthouse office in Soho, Manhattan with a private outdoor terraces
- Fully stocked kitchen with drinks and snacks
- International travel opportunities
- Awesome colleagues
- If you want to hear more about our company and you're excited about the opportunity, reach out to email@example.com and let's chat!
This position is based in NYC but we remain a high trust location-flexible organization.