Director of Demand Generation
The Org is a professional community and platform for work where great teams build in public. We’re backed by some of the world’s leading investors including Tiger Global, Founders Fund, Sequoia and Balderton. We just raised $20 million for our Series B.
Our vision is to build the definitive platform for work powered by a global network of public org charts. Our growth since Series A has been exciting: we have 130,000 public org charts. This summer nearly two million professionals used The Org. We’ve monetized. We’re looking to take our platform to the next level, spearheading growth by building a killer demand generation program.
As Director of Demand Gen, you will have an immediate and direct impact on company-level growth, and will be on the frontlines of our business calling the shots about how we’ll reach leaders of fast growing startups. You will be in the driver’s seat to drive revenue growth working in partnership with our customer success and sales teams.
Key areas this role will oversee include B2B lead gen, content creation (white papers, case studies, virtual events), email segmentation and marketing, web testing and product marketing. This role will not only execute on revenue growth but will be responsible for building a team of B2B marketing pros in order to get the biggest tech companies of tomorrow signed up to the platform for how work will get done tomorrow.
As Director of Demand Generation, you’ll
- Lead The Org’s Demand Generation team and grow it into a best-in-class revenue machine
- Build a scalable revenue marketing program with defined lead and customer lifecycle stages, and ensure the systems for tracking, reporting and optimizing lead journeys are operating as efficiently as possible
- Significantly increase the number of qualified leads (startup founders, executives and team leaders) and pipeline through paid and organic campaigns that span content marketing, paid search, lead gen, events, email marketing, partnerships and more
- Build and operationalize personas and user segments to target throughout the entire funnel, with different segments leading to different products the sales team can communicate on
- Manage and develop team members day-to-day while providing growth opportunities to increase the output and scale of B2B marketing at The Org
- Collaborate with the product team on user journeys from onboarding to inviting friends
- Partner with the sales and customer success teams to deliver leads and provide / collect feedback on performance to optimize and increase conversions + revenue
- Work with the design team to develop high quality content including downloadables, videos and virtual events
We are seeking someone who has built high performing B2B marketing teams for subscription or SaaS businesses from the ground up. Someone who is excited to take on that challenge at the earliest stage of a high growth company aiming to redefine how companies collaborate, hit goals and grow their teams. You should be curious about the future of work and how the tools we use to work together need to be rebuilt completely.
- 6+ years of B2B marketing experience in high growth startups or fast-moving companies, with direct experience in demand gen, email marketing and revenue generation
- Deep experience in martech, CRM, lead generation, lead scoring, account-based marketing, revenue attribution, marketing ROI (Hubspot experience preferred)
- Relevant experience in creating and scaling end-to-end omnichannel programs (email, push, paid social, paid search, retargeting) across lead lifecycle stages.
- A strong leader with experience in building and managing a strong team of marketers while also passionate about the team’s continuous learning, development and growth
- Extensive data analysis experience and deep familiarity with analytics tools and creating, troubleshooting and optimizing data dashboards
- A strong communicator, confident and articulate in presenting to internal stakeholders
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship-building skills with proven ability to collaborate across functions (specifically with sales, CS, product and design)
#Do the dishes
We value people that put the team first and do whatever is necessary regardless of your seniority or what your job description says. Sometimes that might mean you literally need to do the dishes
#Go for it!
We value people that take initiative and execute on their ideas. We take ownership and passionately seize opportunities to create, to learn, and to grow. We run towards a problem, rather than away from it, and fail fast and learn from our mistakes.
#Be a contrarian
We dare to go against popular beliefs and seek out principle-first solutions over incremental progress. We aim to find the best solution, not the obvious one or the one that’s been found by others before.
A Danish word meaning “cozy”, “belonging” or “togetherness”, representing the way we treat our office community. We value diversity and seek out people who want to join the “hygge”.
#Transparency starts here
We’re on a mission to make organizations more transparent. We lead by example, and operate honestly and transparently, to show the world the value of transparency in business
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and equity package
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Unlimited paid vacation
- Commuter benefits
- Penthouse office in Soho, Manhattan with a private outdoor terraces
- Fully stocked kitchen with drinks and snacks
- International travel opportunities
- Awesome colleagues
- If you want to hear more about our company and you're excited about the opportunity, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and let's chat!
This position is based in NYC but we remain a high trust location-flexible organization.