We're looking for a Director of Talent to join our team in New York City.
The Org is a professional community and platform for work where great teams build in public. We’re backed by some of the world’s leading investors including Tiger Global, Founders Fund, Sequoia and Balderton. We just raised $20 million for our Series B.
Our vision is to build the definitive platform for work powered by a global network of public org charts. Our growth since Series A has been exciting: we have 130,000 public org charts. This summer nearly two million professionals used The Org. We’ve monetized. We’re looking to take our platform to the next level, spearheading growth with a focus on user acquisition.
The Director of Talent will be an early member of The Org’s People and Culture team and will be able to shape a rapidly growing Series B startup that is out to change the way the world attracts, aligns and retains talent. We are on a mission to make organizations more transparent and being the largest platform for public org charts is just the beginning. You will not find a more strategic position and your opportunity for impact most likely can’t be beat, as you will be a core stakeholder for the product team when we set out to fix the broken system of recruiting for our user.
Hiring is mission critical, and you will be instrumental in the success of the company by sourcing top tier candidates and ensure a smooth candidate experience that allows The Org to hire great people at scale. We believe in autonomy, and you will own the end to end applicant experience.
What you’ll do:
- Provide vision, leadership, and planning while overseeing the daily workflow of the Talent team.
- Optimize the talent acquisition funnel and solidify processes to handle rapid growth
- Plan channel and job board strategy for inbound applicants
- Establish referral program
- With guidance from People and Culture leadership, develops progressive diversity sourcing and attraction strategies
- Ensuring best practice evaluation methodologies
- Implement new tools and systems to facilitate your vision and track
- Coach hiring managers on talent needs, hiring plans and interview funnel
- Liaise with the community team and functional leader’s employer branding and event strategy
- Liaise with our internal recruiting team (Scout) to source highly qualified candidates through target outreach
- Continuously refine pre boarding an onboarding process to ensure structures are fit for size as we scale
The ideal candidate has seen this movie a million times, whether that is from TA in larger organizations and have a desire to pivot into startups or from a Talent leadership position in a startup (preferably Series B and beyond). You see talent strategy as business strategy.
What we’re looking for:
- Proven track record in a TA leadership role within a fast-paced, scaling tech environment, ideally with a global footprint
- 7 to 10 years of talent experience
- Outstanding leadership capability, not only for individual contributors but also leading other leaders
- The ability to function well in a high-paced environment under controlled chaos
- Ability to work both tactically and strategically to get business needs met
- Confidence to bring own ideas to the table
- Team player who is willing to ‘do the dishes’
#Do the dishes
We value people that put the team first and do whatever is necessary regardless of your seniority or what your job description says. Sometimes that might mean you literally need to do the dishes
#Go for it!
We value people that take initiative and execute on their ideas. We take ownership and passionately seize opportunities to create, to learn, and to grow. We run towards a problem, rather than away from it, and fail fast and learn from our mistakes.
#Be a contrarian
We dare to go against popular beliefs and seek out principle-first solutions over incremental progress. We aim to find the best solution, not the obvious one or the one that’s been found by others before.
A Danish word meaning “cozy”, “belonging” or “togetherness”, representing the way we treat our office community. We value diversity and seek out people who want to join the “hygge”.
#Transparency starts here
We’re on a mission to make organizations more transparent. We lead by example, and operate honestly and transparently, to show the world the value of transparency in business
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and equity package
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Unlimited paid vacation
- Commuter benefits
- Penthouse office in Soho, Manhattan with a private outdoor terraces
- Fully stocked kitchen with drinks and snacks
- International travel opportunities
- Awesome colleagues
- If you want to hear more about our company and you're excited about the opportunity, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and let's chat!
This position is based in NYC but we remain a high trust location-flexible organization.