Are you ready to go from writing about top startups, to joining a top startup?
The Org is a professional community where you can explore any company's organizational chart. We're on a mission to make organizations more transparent. We’re creating a platform that takes you behind the scenes of every company in the world. The public org chart is just the beginning.
The Org was founded by Christian Wylonis and Andreas Jarbøl in November 2017 and we have offices in New York City and Copenhagen. We're backed by some of the world's leading investors including Founders Fund, Sequoia, and Balderton.
We are seeking an Editor for Insights, The Org’s news product, which is being developed alongside the core product. Insights goes behind the scenes to tell stories about the people and teams at the world’s most innovative organizations. We publish insightful articles that keep our readers up to date on the latest developments in the tech and startup community, and provide them with the knowledge they need to make business and career decisions.
As an Editor/journalist, you will write and edit news stories and assist the Head of Insights with managing the platform and developing a new media product. The core focus will be coming up with story ideas, and writing and editing high quality unique content. You will also manage, support and edit freelancers and junior staff writers. You will also be involved in developing and implementing different strategies to drive traffic and grow our audience.
We are looking for an excellent writer and editor with a demonstrated passion for the tech and startup world. This person possesses an entrepreneurial mindset, is a creative problem-solver, is social media savvy, and has existing relationships with sources from the business/tech world.
The ideal candidate would be someone with experience in writing for a leading tech/business publication, who is ready to take a step up to an editing role, where you will also take part in the development of a new news product. However, we are open to hearing from interesting candidates from different backgrounds.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- 3-5 years experience in tech/ventures/business writing for a leading publication or in-house at a startup.
- Have strong relationships within the U.S. tech scene.
- Thoughtful and creative mindset, with the ability to generate and execute story ideas.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented and fast-paced editorial environment to meet deadlines.
- Flexible, can-do attitude.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary and equity package
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Unlimited paid vacation
- Commuter benefits
- Penthouse office in Soho, Manhattan with private outdoor terraces
- Fully stocked kitchen with drinks and snacks
- International travel opportunities
We do not consider applicants who exclusively want to work remotely.