The Org is a professional community where you can explore any company’s organizational chart. We help organizations use transparency to attract, align, and retain talent. The Org has offices in New York City and Copenhagen, Denmark. We recently raised a $20M Series B and are backed by some of the world’s leading investors - Sequoia, Founders Fund, Tiger Global Management, Balderton Capital and others.
We believe a company’s greatest asset is its people. This includes the folks who are never highlighted on the company website, never lauded in the press, and never showcased to the outside world on professional networking sites. There are makers and incredible teams in every corner of the world. And we want to help show them off.
As an Editorial Fellow, you will be responsible for growing The Org and our mission through content and partnerships in your local market. Article topics could include profiles, trend stories, in-depth local lists, and other features.
We are looking for Editorial Fellows based in the Scandanavia region who are as passionate about our mission as we are. This is a paid freelance opportunity at a consistent, competitive rate.
- Write one article a month on the topic of teams, trends, and entrepreneurs in your local market
- Build and maintain org charts in your country
- Represent The Org locally
- Experienced journalist or blogger
- Ability to conceive and pitch story ideas
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Attention to detail
- Demonstrated interest in tech, entrepreneurship, and business
- Do the dishes - We value people that put the team first and do whatever is necessary regardless of your seniority or what your job description says. Sometimes that might mean you literally need to do the dishes.
- Be a contrarian - We dare to go against popular beliefs and seek out principle-first solutions over incremental progress. We aim to find the best solution, not the obvious one or the one that’s been found by others before.
- Hygge - A Danish word meaning “cozy”, “belonging” or “togetherness”, representing the way we treat our office community. We value diversity and seek out people who want to join the “hygge”.
- Go for it! - We value people that take initiative and execute on their ideas. We take ownership and passionately seize opportunities to create, to learn, and to grow. We run towards a problem, rather than away from it, and fail fast and learn from our mistakes.
- Transparency - We value people that take initiative and execute on their ideas. We take ownership and passionately seize opportunities to create, to learn, and to grow. We run towards a problem, rather than away from it, and fail fast and learn from our mistakes.
If you want to hear more about our company and you're excited about the opportunity, reach out to email@example.com and let's chat!