The Org is on a mission to make organizations more transparent. We are striving to be the source of truth for organizational information and help organizations collaborate better internally and externally. The public org chart is just the beginning! We envision a world where The Org becomes the infrastructure that enables the future of work. We are backed by some of the world’s leading investors including Sequoia, Founders Fund, and Balderton.
The team at The Org is growing rapidly, and we are looking for our first Finance team hire as we scale. You will be responsible for analyzing our financial activities, overseeing financial reporting, monitoring accounts and expenses, supporting our revenue generating operations, managing our accounting practice, and more. This is a highly operational role where you will work very cross functionally to provide financial support to the rest of the company. In this role, you will report to our VP of Operations, and you will be working alongside our Research, Analytics, and Business Operations team which all fall under the Operations umbrella. Due to the breadth of your responsibility and impact, it’s essential that you are able to motivate, empathize with, and communicate with stakeholders at every level of the organization.
What you will do:
- Assist our revenue-generating team in providing smooth operations in invoicing and collecting revenue
- Oversee accounting to ensure accuracy and timeliness of our financial statements, invoices, and expense reports
- Improve existing financial processes and implement changes to achieve greater efficiencies and effectiveness in our financial practice
- Collaborate with each business team to set, monitor and manage their budget
- Build and scale financial models to support business decisions
- Drive monthly financial reviews to understand key forecast variances, and be able to identify key trends and areas for forecast improvement
- Approve expenses and set expense-related policies for the whole company
Our ideal candidate is a thoughtful, self-motivated individual with a great attitude. You are people oriented, results driven, and you have a passion for helping others. You thrive in a dynamic and fluid environment and relish the opportunity to build something new. Previous Corporate Finance experience as well as experience working with Accounting is preferred.
What we’re looking for:
- Structured mindset, highly organized, great attention to detail, self-starter, and passionate about building and scaling a business
- Enjoy getting into the weeds and work at the lowest level of detail
- Have experience developing and implementing new financial processes and tools aimed at improving efficiency and effectiveness
- Strong critical thinking and communication skills is a must
- Independent and well-rounded thinker with a creative problem solving mind
- Demonstrate capability in financial planning and forecasting
- Enjoy working in a collaborative, fast-paced environment, and have outstanding teamwork skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 2-4 years of work experience, preferably in Corporate Finance, Accounting and related fields
This role will be part of The Org’s Operations team, which is located in New York City in a sunlit penthouse in the heart of Soho. This is an exciting opportunity to be one of the first members of the Finance team, where you will meaningfully shape our work environment and employee experience.
What we can offer:
- Competitive salary and equity package
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Unlimited paid vacation
- Commuter benefits
- Penthouse office in Soho, Manhattan with a private outdoor terrace
- Fully stocked kitchen with drinks and snacks
- International travel opportunities
Do the dishes: We value people that put the team first and do whatever is necessary regardless of your seniority or what your job description says. Sometimes that might mean you literally need to do the dishes.
Go for it!: We value people that take initiative and execute on their ideas. We take ownership and passionately seize opportunities to create, to learn, and to grow. We run towards a problem, rather than away from it, and fail fast and learn from our mistakes.
Be a contrarian: We dare to go against popular beliefs and seek out principle-first solutions over incremental progress. We aim to find the best solution, not the obvious one or the one that’s been found by others before.
Hygge: A Danish word meaning “cozy”, “belonging” or “togetherness”, representing the way we treat our office community. We value diversity and seek out people who want to join the “hygge”.
Transparency starts here: We’re on a mission to make organizations more transparent. We lead by example, and operate honestly and transparently, to show the world the value of transparency in business.
If you have any questions about the role or the company, please feel free to reach out to the hiring manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Curious to see who you will be working with? Meet the team right here:
Check out our public Notion lage to learn more about The Org:
Applicants must be based in New York (or within a reasonable distance). We do not consider applicants who want to exclusively work remotely at this time.