The Org is a professional community and platform for work where great teams build in public. We’re backed by some of the world’s leading investors including Tiger Global, Founders Fund, Sequoia and Balderton. We just raised $20 million for our Series B.
Our vision is to build the definitive platform for work powered by a global network of public org charts. Our growth since Series A has been exciting: we have 130,000 public org charts. This summer nearly two million professionals used The Org. We’ve monetized. We’re looking to take our platform to the next level, spearheading growth with a focus on user acquisition.
As Marketing Manager, you will have an immediate and direct impact on company-level growth, and will be on the frontlines of our business calling the shots about how we’ll reach new users. You will be in the driver’s seat to take us from 100k to our first million users.
Key areas this role will oversee include B2C paid acquisition, budget and performance management, creative optimization, content creation, email marketing, web testing and product marketing. This role will not only execute on growth but will be responsible for building a team in order to acquire the most forward-thinking entrepreneurs and employees in the world to join the platform for the future of work.
As B2C Marketing Manager, you’ll
- Own all strategy, execution for B2C user acquisition, lifecycle and product marketing
- Build a team of experts to support across core B2C marketing functions
- Lead all acquisition efforts to increase users and early stage retention
- Build personas and user segments to target throughout the entire funnel
- Optimize conversion rates at all stages of the B2C funnel including landing pages and email campaigns
- Recommend and implement effective marketing tech stack to drive efficiencies and optimize workflow
- Establish quarterly OKRs for the B2C marketing team and allocate resources both internal and external to hit them
- Partner with analytics to build dashboards, validate tracking and optimize all paid and lifecycle marketing initiatives
- Manage and develop team members day-to-day while providing growth opportunities to increase the output and scale of B2C marketing at The Org
- Collaborate with the product team on user journeys from onboarding to inviting friends.
We are seeking someone who has built a consumer-facing marketing function from the ground up. Someone who is excited to take on that challenge at the earliest stage of a high growth company aiming to redefine the future of work. You should be curious about the future of work and how the tools we use to work together need to be rebuilt completely.
- 4+ years of marketing experience in high growth startups or fast-moving companies, with direct experience in paid acquisition, retention, email or brand marketing
- Relevant experience in creating and scaling end-to-end omnichannel programs (email, push, paid social, paid search, retargeting) across customer lifecycle stages.
- Strong experience in people management - building high performing teams from scratch and motivating great talent
- Extensive writing experience and love for the craft.
- Experience with ESPs like Customer.io, CRM tools like Hubspot, and analytics tools like Amplitude
- Expertise in crafting marketing personas and building out segments to target them with personalized content
- Strong familiarity with B2C content initiatives (text, digital audio, video, influencer)
#Do the dishes
We value people that put the team first and do whatever is necessary regardless of your seniority or what your job description says. Sometimes that might mean you literally need to do the dishes
#Go for it!
We value people that take initiative and execute on their ideas. We take ownership and passionately seize opportunities to create, to learn, and to grow. We run towards a problem, rather than away from it, and fail fast and learn from our mistakes.
#Be a contrarian
We dare to go against popular beliefs and seek out principle-first solutions over incremental progress. We aim to find the best solution, not the obvious one or the one that’s been found by others before.
A Danish word meaning “cozy”, “belonging” or “togetherness”, representing the way we treat our office community. We value diversity and seek out people who want to join the “hygge”.
#Transparency starts here
We’re on a mission to make organizations more transparent. We lead by example, and operate honestly and transparently, to show the world the value of transparency in business
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and equity package
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Unlimited paid vacation
- Commuter benefits
- Penthouse office in Soho, Manhattan with a private outdoor terraces
- Fully stocked kitchen with drinks and snacks
- International travel opportunities
- Awesome colleagues
- If you want to hear more about our company and you're excited about the opportunity, reach out to email@example.com and let's chat!
This position is based in NYC but we remain a high trust location-flexible organization.