People & Culture Manager
We are looking for a People & Culture Manager to join our team in New York City!
The Org is a professional community where you can explore any company’s organizational chart. We help organizations use transparency to get more customers and attract better talent. The public org chart is just the beginning. We’re backed by some of the world’s leading investors including Sequoia, Founders Fund, and Balderton. We were recently named a Forbes 2020 Cloud 100 Rising Star. You can read about us here.
The team at The Org is growing rapidly, and we are looking for someone to help us build a world-class People & Culture function as we scale. Your responsibilities will include providing HR support to our employees, identifying new opportunities to constantly improve employee experience, managing recruiting pipeline and candidate funnel, as well as developing and executing on new employee onboarding. In this role, you will report to and partner with our VP of Operations to align on company initiatives in the People, Culture, and Recruiting aspects of the organization, and you will have ample opportunity to work cross-functionally.
What you will do:
- Develop and implement People and Culture related initiatives, and actively identify and communicate areas of improvement in those disciplines
- Develop and monitor overall HR systems, tactics and procedures across the organization
- Manage the recruiting and interview process
- Coordinate new hires onboarding and orientation
- Manage pay plan and benefits program
- Manage employee relations by handling requests and concerns
- Nurture a positive working environment
- Maintain a pleasant and clean office environment
- Plan and coordinate social events
Our ideal candidate is a thoughtful, self-motivated individual with a great attitude. You are people oriented, results driven, and you have a passion for helping others. You thrive in a dynamic environment and relish at the opportunity to build something new. Previous People, Culture, and/or Recruiting experience is preferred but not required.
What we’re looking for:
- Structured mindset, highly organized, great attention to detail, self-starter, and passionate about people-related work
- Strong communication skills is a must
- Strong ability to multitask and prioritize workflow
- Independent thinker with a creative problem solving mind
- Ability to set up and manage various internal tools is a plus (e.g. Applicant Tracking Systems, Benefits Management Systems, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
This role will be part of The Org’s Operations team, which is located in New York City in a sunlit penthouse in the heart of Soho. This is an exciting opportunity to the first members of the People & Culture team, where you will meaningfully shape our work environment and employee experience.
What we can offer:
- Competitive salary and equity package
- Insurance coverage
- Unlimited vacation
- Social events and travel opportunities
- Penthouse office in the heart of Soho with private outdoor space
- Awesome colleagues :)
If you want to hear more about our company and you are excited about this opportunity, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and let’s chat!
We do not consider remote-only applications.