Our design team in Copenhagen is looking for an ambitious Product Designer with a passion for solving complex problems through consistent, polished, and engaging user interfaces used by thousands of people daily.
As a Product Designer at The Org, you will be an integral part of the design team in Copenhagen, working directly with our two designers Alexander and Andrew, while also interfacing with our Product Management and Engineering teams here in Copenhagen. Meet the entire team here.
What you’ll do
- Design new features. You will be designing new features, both in teams and on your own, to solve complex problems faced by employees on teams from all over the world.
- Test and evaluate your designs. You’ll extensively test early designs and prototypes to ensure we build the right solutions for our users.
- Evolve our design system. We value consistency in our designs, and you are going to be an important catalyst in the process, collaborating with our design team to make sure we design with the same components and guidelines.
- Brand design. We have big ambitions for the future of The Org, and you will help us define what The Org is going to look and feel like for years to come.
- Unique and engaging content graphics. We produce our own editorial content, and you will be working with us to develop a consistent look and feel for article visuals, taking our Insights platform to the next level.
- And much more. We are a startup in rapid growth, and sometimes you might need to step out of your comfort zone and take on new roles and responsibilities to help solve complex problems.
- 2-3 years of experience from a similar design role.
- A strong portfolio demonstrating experience with designing and testing beautiful and usable interfaces for digital products.
- Excellent knowledge of user-centered design methods helping you design and test for real people.
- Proficiency with the tools of the trade like Figma, Sketch, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- A keen eye for details. You care about going the extra mile to deliver a great experience for our users.
Not required but a plus
- Experience with animation and motion design. Whether it is visualizing a concept for a prototype or creating a UI animation for the frontend, motion skills would be beneficial.
- Illustration skills. Sometimes we draw more than lines and circles, and adding that extra bit of spark to help explain a concept or make a landing page unique is a skill we like.
- A team player who is used to collaborating with a team of designers, product managers, and engineers. We are a family here and we want you to be part of it.
- Fluent in English. We have offices in both Copenhagen and New York, and being able to communicate fluently across teams daily is a requirement.
- A curious soul who is interested in learning new skills, and not afraid to fail fast or ask stupid questions to get the job done.
- A self-driven, well-organized go-getter who gets the tasks done on time, even when things are moving fast.
- A good communicator who is not afraid to share work early, and give and receive honest feedback about our solutions.
About us We are a diverse and international team of 31 stationed in offices in New York City and Copenhagen with distributed members in Mexico City, Singapore, Helsinki, Bangalore, Bogota, and Milan, and we want to hear from you no matter where you are from!
Do the dishes - We pitch in and volunteer to do whatever is necessary regardless of our seniority or what our job description says. Sometimes we literally need to do the dishes.
Crank the things - We value people that take initiative and execute on their ideas. Take risks, fail fast, and keep learning. Don’t overthink the solution.
Hygge - A Danish word meaning “cozy” or “belonging” representing our team community. We take care of our people and want to build a deep bond with our colleagues.
What we offer
- Competitive salary + equity
- Great office in central Copenhagen with private outdoor terrace
- 5 weeks vacation
- Open kitchen fully stocked with drinks and snacks + free lunch
- Social events, get-togethers and international travel opportunities
If you want to hear more about our company and you're excited about the opportunity, reach out to Alex@theorg.com and let's get coffee! ☕️
Note: We’re flexible with how you work, but you’ll need to be based in (or happy to relocate to) the Copenhagen area for this role.
Historically, organizations have hidden their employees, their financials, and their ideas in order to beat the competition. However, secrecy is outdated, bad for business, and leads to more problems than it solves. Unnecessary secrecy also prohibits diversity. Therefore we launched a platform — predicated on complete transparency — to empower anyone to build a better organization.
The Org is a professional community where you can explore any company's organizational chart. We help organizations use transparency to get more customers and attract better talent. The public org chart is just the beginning. We're backed by some of the world's leading investors including Sequoia, Founders Fund, and Balderton.