The Org is a professional community where you can explore any company's organizational chart. Our mission is to make organizations more transparent and we want to create a platform where you can go behind the scenes of every company in the world. The org chart is just the beginning. We're backed by some of the world's leading investors including Founders Fund, Sequoia Capital, and Balderton.
As a Scout Manager you will be an early member of The Org’s first commercial business unit, Scout. Scout offers an alternative to traditional recruitment, built on the premise that the current model is broken for startups. This is an exciting opportunity to help disrupt and redefine an old school industry ripe for change; our proprietary approach to digitize recruitment has already received an overwhelmingly positive market response.
The Scout team has transformed the traditional recruitment process into a more structured and efficient approach, and as a Scout Manager you will play a key role in managing and improving this process. On a day-to-day basis you will manage searches end-to-end with support from Associates on the Scout team as well as The Org’s Research team. You will also be expected to proactively look for process and product opportunities and communicate these to Business Development colleagues with the view to improve Scout specifically or even spin out as stand-alone products.
The role will be part of The Org’s Scout team, which is located in New York City in a sunlit penthouse in central Soho.
What you’ll do:
- Strategically manage the end-to-end recruitment process for a portfolio of projects, including:
- Manage client relationships during engagements
- Understand client requirements and use critical thinking to identify candidates best suited for our client’s needs
- Running client calls to scope and calibrate searches
- Work with Research on market research to identify target companies for the search
- Guide and support Associates in identifying high quality candidates
- Develop innovative search strategies to identify top-tier candidates for our clients
- Play an active part in building out our rapidly growing team by supporting on internal searches
- Actively identify and communicate ways that can help improve every step of the Scout process, including but not limited to:
- Identifying where we can automate aspects of the process in order to minimize manual effort
- Actively participate in and contribute to team meetings focused on building out Scout from a strategic and operational perspective
- Identifying operational and service gaps, where we can add value to clients either via Scout or standalone products
We are a company of highly proactive individuals, and our ideal candidate will hustle to make things happen. You ideally have experience from a top tier expert network, recruiting or consulting company and possess the critical thinking and organizational abilities that comes with this experience. Importantly, you are excited to be a part of a rapidly growing start-up, and thrive in a high velocity environment, and are excited about helping us disrupt the recruitment industry.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 3 to 5 years of recruitment or consulting experience in a client facing role
- An analytical mindset with the ability to context shift
- Demonstrable experience managing projects or project streams
- Structured mindset, highly organized, great attention to detail and ability to manage multiple high priority projects simultaneously
- Confidence to bring own ideas to the table in a compelling manner that gains commitment from others
- Ability to self-prioritize and manage time and high velocity assignments in a face-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Team-player with a ‘no task too small’ attitude; imbibes our company culture of “do the dishes” and thrives in a changing environment
What we can offer:
- Competitive salary and equity package
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Unlimited paid vacation
- Commuter benefits
- Penthouse office in Soho, Manhattan with a private outdoor terraces
- Fully stocked kitchen with drinks and snacks
- International travel opportunities
Awesome colleagues If you want to hear more about our company and you're excited about the opportunity, reach out to email@example.com and let's chat!
We do not consider applicants who exclusively want to work remote.