We are looking for a Research Analyst to join the Research Team in New York City!
The Org is a professional community where you can explore any company’s organizational chart. We help organizations use transparency to attract, align, and retain talent. The Org has offices in New York City and Copenhagen, Denmark. We recently raised a $20M Series B and are backed by some of the world’s leading investors - Sequoia, Founders Fund, Tiger Global Management, Balderton Capital and others.
As a Research Analyst at The Org, you will support the research function’s engagement team in elevating user experience by expanding and maintaining our comprehensive database of organizational charts, reporting top industry executive movement, and ensuring data quality across the platform. You will have the opportunity to work with a multicultural team in our beautiful Soho office while being the driving force behind The Org’s core platform.
What will be your responsibility?
- Build high impact organizational charts to help contribute to the research team’s goal of 2M positions by the end of 2022.
- Maintain existing org charts with followers and members by validating updates flagged by our in-house built AI system.
- Perform market research to identify and expand The Org’s high growth technology target audience.
- Conduct deep-dive research into more complex organizations to build multiple level org charts.
- Monitor news and report notable executive changes across industries.
- Execute on data validation activities to ensure that our data is of high quality and reliable.
- Support the research team with cross functional processes and activities.
Who are we looking for?
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- 0-1 years of professional work experience.
- Structured mindset, highly organized and great attention to detail.
- Comfortable working on prolonged assignments and tasks requiring extended focus.
- Ability to roll with the punches of an ever-changing startup environment.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented and fast-paced environment.
- Research, Business and Information Sciences background is a plus.
Why join us?
- Competitive salary and equity package.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Membership to One Medical.
- Unlimited paid vacation.
- Commuter benefits.
- Fully stocked kitchen with drinks and snacks.
- Trendy office in Soho with private outdoor space.
- International travel opportunities.
- This position is based in NYC but we remain a high trust location-flexible organization.
- Do the dishes - We value people that put the team first and do whatever is necessary regardless of your seniority or what your job description says. Sometimes that might mean you literally need to do the dishes.
- Be a contrarian - We dare to go against popular beliefs and seek out principle-first solutions over incremental progress. We aim to find the best solution, not the obvious one or the one that’s been found by others before.
- Hygge - A Danish word meaning “cozy”, “belonging” or “togetherness”, representing the way we treat our office community. We value diversity and seek out people who want to join the “hygge”.
- Go for it! - We value people that take initiative and execute on their ideas. We take ownership and passionately seize opportunities to create, to learn, and to grow. We run towards a problem, rather than away from it, and fail fast and learn from our mistakes.
- Transparency - We value people that take initiative and execute on their ideas. We take ownership and passionately seize opportunities to create, to learn, and to grow. We run towards a problem, rather than away from it, and fail fast and learn from our mistakes.
Contact email@example.com to find out more about this opportunity!