The Org is a professional community and platform for work where great teams build in public. We’re backed by some of the world’s leading investors including Tiger Global, Founders Fund, Sequoia and Balderton. We just raised $20 million for our Series B.
Our vision is to build the definitive platform for work powered by a global network of public org charts. Our growth since Series A has been exciting: we have 130,000 public org charts. This summer nearly two million professionals used The Org. We’ve monetized. We’re looking to take our platform to the next level, spearheading growth with a focus on user acquisition.
As a Research Associate, you will be an early member of our New York City-based Research Team. You will play a key role in helping grow The Org’s database of org charts, in large part by helping manage and scale an outsourced team based in the Philippines.
Specifically, you will:
- Help oversee day-to-day management of the outsourced team, including answering questions
- Monitor output and quality of the outsourced team’s work, providing feedback and coaching as needed
- Help train new hires on the outsourced team, and upskill established team members
- Strategize on how to improve existing processes and assist in implementing new processes that are more efficient and scalable
- Contribute to the growth of the database by efficiently sourcing new companies not currently captured on the platform
- Analyze data trends with the goal of inspiring and developing new projects and/or processes
- Help design and incubate new workflows
- Build and maintain org charts
- Ensure data accuracy across the platform
We are looking for someone who is a strong communicator, detail oriented, and excited about the opportunity to help grow a team. A successful candidate will be a self-starter, team player, and have a high degree of empathy.
Specifically, we are looking for a candidate who has most of the following qualifications/qualities:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 1-3 years of professional work experience
- Structured mindset, highly organized and great attention to detail
- Growth mindset, someone who is constantly trying to improve and doesn’t get too comfortable
- Desire to support the operation of a team
- Metrics oriented and data-driven
- Comfort working on prolonged assignments and tasks requiring extended focus
- Ability to roll with the punches of an ever-changing startup environment
- Ability to work in a team-oriented and fast-paced environment
- Prior teaching/coaching experience (formal or informal) is a plus
- Recruiting/Executive Search, Expert Network, Research, or Business and Information Sciences background is a plus
Why join us?
- Competitive salary and equity package
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Membership to One Medical
- Unlimited paid vacation
- Commuter benefits
- Fully stocked kitchen with drinks and snacks
- Trendy office in Soho with private outdoor space
- International travel opportunities
Transparency starts here: We’re on a mission to make organizations more transparent. We lead by example, and operate honestly and transparently, to show the world the value of transparency in business.
Hygge: A Danish word meaning “cozy”, “belonging” or “togetherness”, representing the way we treat our office community. We value diversity and seek out people who want to join the “hygge”.
Be a contrarian: We dare to go against popular beliefs and seek out principles-first solutions over incremental progress. We aim to find the best solution, not the obvious one or the one that’s been found by others before.
Go for it!: We take ownership and passionately seize opportunities to create, to learn, and to grow. We run towards a problem, rather than away from it, and fail fast and learn from our mistakes.
Do the dishes: We put the team first and do whatever is necessary regardless of seniority or what your job description says. Sometimes that might mean you literally need to do the dishes.
Check out our public Notion page to learn more about the Org: https://theorg.notion.site/The-Org-0e6b5366feb7425388eec11afac11fea
If you have any questions about the role or the company, you are welcome to reach out to the hiring manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants must be based in New York (or willing to relocate).