We are looking for a proven sales professional to help us capitalize on the overwhelmingly positive market reaction that we have received for our first commercial offering, Scout.
Scout is at a growth inflection point and we are looking for a seasoned sales professional to help turn overwhelmingly positive market interest into a solid sales pipeline. The Sales Manager will own the outbound sales channel and is ultimately responsible for generating a strong funnel of new customers.
What you’ll do
As a Sales Manager you will be an early member of The Org’s first commercial business unit, Scout. Scout offers a research-centric alternative to traditional recruitment, built on the premise that the traditional model is broken for startups. This is a rare opportunity for a sales professional to join a startup, backed by world-class investors, at the very beginning stages of monetization.
- Your number one goal is to win new business with high growth startups and technology companies and add to our growing list of partners
- Identify, qualify and drive interest from self-sourced outbound prospects
- Develop outbound strategies to create new channels and improve existing ones
- Convey customer feedback, with recommendations based on this, to the rest of the Scout team
- Collaborate with the Head of Business Development and Business Development Manager to turn the sales pipeline into strategic partnerships
This position requires a hunter, who can generate a target list and run with it. You are a proven sales professional, who has previously built pipelines from scratch. Ideally you have experience selling into technology companies and/or start-ups. You don’t need to have experience in recruitment, but should be excited about being part of disrupting the industry. We’re a new team in an early-stage startup and things change often and fast - someone joining the team should thrive in this environment.
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 3-7 years of sales experience, preferably selling into startups and/or technology companies, with a track record of top performance
- A successful track record in driving pipeline generation through outbound prospecting strategies
- Experience managing a large pipeline with relatively short sales cycles
- A self-motivated, yet highly collaborative approach to work
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- A strategic mindset always focused on the next opportunity to build a sales channel
Do the dishes - We pitch in and volunteer to do whatever is necessary regardless of our seniority or what our job description says. Sometimes we literally need to do the dishes.
Crank the things - We value people that take initiative and execute on their ideas. Take risks, fail fast, and keep learning. Don’t overthink the solution.
Hygge - A Danish word meaning “cozy” or “belonging” representing our team community. We take care of our people and want to build a deep bond with our colleagues.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and equity package
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Unlimited paid vacation
- 401 K
- Commuter benefits
- Penthouse office in Soho, Manhattan with a private outdoor terrace
- Fully stocked kitchen with drinks and snacks
- International travel opportunities
We want to meet a broad set of candidates and run an inclusive process. If something here prompts a question or concern for you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to share your feedback. Thanks for your interest in joining The Org team!
If you have any questions about the role, you can email the hiring manager at email@example.com
We do not consider remote-only applications.