We're looking for Scala/Java developer with a passion for functional programming to join our rockstar team of product engineers and designers in Copenhagen.
What you'll be doing
- You'll be designing and building out our state-of-the-art Scala solution, currently supplying upward of a hundred million monthly requests from our serverless React web app.
- You'll be working with an extremely skilled team who love to share ideas, learn, and use new technologies.
- You'll be influencing the product by continuously providing feedback on the design, workflow process, and testing.
- You'll be contributing to technical and architectural discussions with the whole Engineering team both on a running basis and at our quarterly engineering off-site.
- Your code will help our researchers and insights journalists achieve transparency into important personel related movements using web crawling and machine learning. You'll also help our users attract and align talent by enabling multiplayer org chart building and by supplying community building tools.
- You'll get at great insight the array of technologies in AWS that we use to continuously deploy and host our services. These are built and deployed using CodePipeline and they communicate via SQS. Our main processes are running Scala services, using Akka/Sangria/Cats, Postgres, Redis and ElasticSearch and are deployed using the Elastic Beanstalk. For periodically running jobs we use ECS.
- You will be a part of a highly collaborative and agile team that values open-source, functional programming and Domain Driven Design and Clean Architecture.
Ultimately, your work will help companies achieve success through transparency, by externalizing their organizational graph, cultural values and processes.
Who you are
- You are curious, like to experiment with new ideas and enjoy solving problems. You are open-minded and a good listener when it comes to other peoples' ideas and voice your own ideas with confidence.
- You have professional experience working with Java or Scala. You feel right at home designing and implementing backend features and services.
- You are supportive and encouraging by nature, strive to be the best version of yourself and lift those around you up.
- Working in a team comes natural to you, you are easy to work with and value others' input.
- You are ambitious and want to make a difference where you work. You are eager to contribute to a positive and productive work environment.
Why The Org
Historically, organizations have hidden their employees, their financials, and their ideas in order to beat the competition. However, secrecy is outdated, bad for business, and leads to more problems than it solves. Unnecessary secrecy also prohibits diversity. Therefore we launched a platform — predicated on complete transparency — to empower anyone to build a better organization.
The Org is a professional community where you can explore any company's organizational chart. We help organizations use transparency to get more customers and attract better talent. The public org chart is just the beginning. We're backed by some of the world's leading investors including Sequoia, Founders Fund, and Balderton. 🚀
Curious to see who who you will be working with? Meet the team right here: https://theorg.com/org/theorg/org-chart
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary and equity options
- The possibility to make a huge impact on the codebase and take ownership of a specific technical domain
- Autonomy and flexible working hours with the possibility to work remote periodically
- Focus on professional development, continuous learning, meaningful work, and future planning
- Open kitchen fully stocked with drinks and snacks and a daily lunch
- Social events and travel opportunities to our office in the US
If you want to hear more about our company and you're excited about the opportunity, reach out and let's get coffee! ☕️
We do not consider applicants who exclusively want to work remote.