We are looking for a Senior Journalist/Editor to join our team in New York City
The Org is a professional community where you can explore any company’s organizational chart. Founded by Danish entrepreneurs in November 2017, The Org has offices in New York City and Copenhagen, Denmark. We're backed by some of the world’s leading investors including Founders Fund, Sequoia, and Balderton.
As an Editor/Senior Journalist at The Org, you will be responsible for writing and editing news stories and managing our news site, where we cover the latest developments in tech, ventures and business news. Sitting within the growth team, you will work directly with the Head of Content and be also involved in developing and implementing different strategies to drive traffic and engagement on the platform.
The ideal candidate for this position will be an exceptional writer with a fierce passion for tech and ventures. This person possesses an entrepreneurial mindset, is a creative problem-solver, is social media savvy, and is able to build relationships with companies in order to assist with business development. You will also be responsible for coordinating with and managing freelancers writers.
The ideal candidate would be someone with experience in writing for a leading tech publication, who is ready to take a step up to a writing and editing role. However we are open to interesting candidates from different backgrounds.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- 4+ years experience in tech/ventures/business writing for a leading publication or in-house at a tech startup.
- Have strong relationships within the U.S. tech scene.
- Thoughtful and creative mindset, with the ability to generate and execute story and content strategy ideas.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented and fast-paced editorial environment to meet deadlines.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary and equity package
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Unlimited vacation
- Commuter benefits
- Fully stocked kitchen with drinks and snacks
- Penthouse loft office in Soho with private outdoor space
- International travel opportunities
Do the dishes - We value people that do whatever is necessary regardless of your seniority or what your job description says. Sometimes you literally need to do the dishes.
Crank the things - We value people that take initiative and execute on their ideas. Take risks, fail fast, and keep learning. Don’t overthink the solution.
Hygge - A Danish word meaning “cozy” or “belonging” representing our office community. We take care of our people and in exchange expect the highest performance from everybody.
If you want to hear more about our company and you're excited about the opportunity, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and let's chat!
Applications close 24 July, but candidates are urged to apply ASAP.
We do not consider applicants who exclusively want to work remote.