We're looking for a Sourcing Associate to join our team in New York City. Join us in our mission to make organizations more transparent!
As a Sourcing Associate you will be an early member of The Org’s first commercial business unit, Scout. Scout offers a research-centric alternative to traditional recruitment, built on the premise that the traditional model is broken for startups. This is an exciting opportunity to work at a rapidly growing early stage start-up and help disrupt and redefine an old school industry. Scout’s proprietary approach to digitize recruitment has received an overwhelmingly positive response from the market, and this is an exciting opportunity to be one of the first members of the team as we start scaling.
What you’ll do
The Scout team has transformed the traditional recruitment process into a more structured and efficient approach, and as a Sourcing Associate, you will play a key role in this process. You will search for high quality candidates for our clients, mainly startups, using various sourcing techniques (e.g. Boolean search). You will also be expected to develop your own sourcing strategies and take on the process as your own. Finally, you will partner closely with the Project Manager and Research Manager to develop the most effective search strategies for each search. The role will be part of The Org’s Business Development team, which is located in New York City in a sunlit penthouse in central Soho.
What you’ll do:
- Strategically manage candidate generation for a robust pipeline of projects with multiple clients and competing timelines
- Identify highly qualified candidates, build and manage pipelines for Scout projects including:
- Develop innovative search strategies to identify and source top-tier candidates
- Optimize the sourcing process to maximize efficiency and develop candidate pipelines for our clients’ key roles
- Understand client requirements and use critical thinking to identify candidates best suited for our client’s needs
- Play an active part in building out our rapidly growing team by supporting with sourcing on internal searches
- Actively identify and communicate ways that we can improve every step of the sourcing process, including:
- Identifying where we can automate aspects of the process in order to minimize manual effort
- Actively participate in and contribute to team meetings focused on building out Scout from a strategic and operational perspective
Our ideal candidate will hustle to make things happen. You are a talented sourcer with the ability to uncover high quality candidates by any means necessary, especially for technology companies and/or start-ups. You are excited to be a part of a rapidly growing start-up and can keep up with that velocity. You are passionate about recruitment and excited about helping us disrupt the way companies find new talent.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 1 to 2 years of recruitment sourcing experience with a focus on sourcing and generating qualified candidates
- Structured mindset, highly organized, great attention to detail and ability to manage multiple high priority projects simultaneously
- Hands-on experience with sourcing techniques (e.g. recruiting on social platforms and crafting Boolean search strings)
- Demonstrated previous success partnering with organizations to manage candidate sourcing processes
- Confidence to bring own ideas to the table in a compelling manner that gains commitment from others
- Ability to self-prioritize and manage time and high velocity assignments in a face-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Team-player with a ‘no task too small’ attitude; imbibes our company culture of “do the dishes” and thrives in a changing environment
- It is a plus if you’ve worked in Talent at a VC fund
Do the dishes - We pitch in and volunteer to do whatever is necessary regardless of our seniority or what our job description says. Sometimes we literally need to do the dishes.
Crank the things - We value people that take initiative and execute on their ideas. Take risks, fail fast, and keep learning. Don’t overthink the solution.
Hygge - A Danish word meaning “cozy” or “belonging” representing our team community. We take care of our people and want to build a deep bond with our colleagues.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and equity package
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Unlimited paid vacation
- 401 K
- Commuter benefits
- Penthouse office in Soho, Manhattan with a private outdoor terrace
- Fully stocked kitchen with drinks and snacks
- International travel opportunities
We want to meet a broad set of candidates and run an inclusive process. If something here prompts a question or concern for you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to share your feedback. Thanks for your interest in joining The Org team!
If you have any questions about the role, you can email the hiring manager at email@example.com
We do not consider remote-only applications.