We are looking for a Technical Recruiting Associate to join the Scout team and help build out our expertise recruiting for technical roles
As a Technical Scout Associate you will be an early member of The Org’s first commercial business unit, Scout. Scout offers a research-centric alternative to traditional recruitment, built on the premise that the traditional model is broken for startups. This is an exciting opportunity to work at a rapidly growing early stage start-up and help disrupt and redefine an old school industry. Scout’s proprietary approach to digitize recruitment has received an overwhelmingly positive response from the market, and this is an exciting opportunity to be one of the first members of the team as we start scaling. Our customer base has a high demand to fill technical roles, and we are looking for a recruiter to help build out our expertise in the area.
The Scout team has transformed the traditional recruitment process into a more structured and efficient approach, and as a Technical Scout Associate, you will play a key role in this process. You will search for high quality candidates for our clients, mainly startups, using various sourcing techniques (e.g. Boolean search). You will also be expected to develop your own sourcing strategies and take on the process as your own. Finally, you will partner closely with the Project Manager and Research Manager to develop the most effective search strategies for each search.
The role will be part of The Org’s Business Development team, which is located in New York City in a sunlit penthouse in central Soho.
What you’ll do:
- Strategically manage candidate generation for a robust pipeline of projects with multiple clients and competing timelines
- Identify highly qualified candidates, build and manage pipelines for Scout projects, including:
- Develop innovative search strategies to identify and source top-tier candidates
- Optimize the sourcing process to maximize efficiency and develop candidate pipelines for our clients’ key roles
- Understand client requirements and use critical thinking to identify candidates best suited for our client’s needs
- Play an active part in building out our rapidly growing team by supporting with sourcing on internal searches
- Actively identify and communicate ways that we can improve every step of the sourcing process
- Identifying where we can automate aspects of the process in order to minimize manual effort
- Actively participate in and contribute to team meetings focused on building out Scout from a strategic and operational perspective
Our ideal candidate will hustle to make things happen. You are a talented technical sourcer with the ability to uncover high quality technical candidates by any means necessary, especially for technology companies and/or start-ups. You are excited to be a part of a rapidly growing start-up and can keep up with that velocity. You are passionate about recruitment and excited about helping us disrupt the way companies find new talent.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 1 to 3 years of recruitment experience with a focus on sourcing and generating qualified candidates
- Demonstrable experience sourcing for technical roles
- Structured mindset, highly organized, great attention to detail and ability to manage multiple high priority projects simultaneously
- Hands-on experience with sourcing techniques (e.g. recruiting on social platforms and crafting Boolean search strings)
- Demonstrated previous success partnering with organizations to manage candidate sourcing processes
- Confidence to bring own ideas to the table in a compelling manner that gains commitment from others
- Ability to self-prioritize and manage time and high velocity assignments in a face-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Team-player with a ‘no task too small’ attitude; imbibes our company culture of “do the dishes” and thrives in a changing environment
- It is a plus if you’ve worked in Talent at a VC fund
What we can offer:
- Competitive salary and equity package
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Unlimited paid vacation
- Commuter benefits
- Penthouse office in Soho, Manhattan with a private outdoor terraces
- Fully stocked kitchen with drinks and snacks
- International travel opportunities
- Awesome colleagues
We do not consider applicants who exclusively want to work remote.